UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This program is fully broken.  Full Stop.

We don't have time for Gattuso's contract to expire next year.  Change must be made NOW!!!!!!

I don't want to hear bull$iena about "we were close, we lost by less then x, this many games".  Winners find a way to win those games.  I lost my respect for this man years ago when he whined like a baby against a class act like Talley of Villanova.  In that game, Talley called a run for his fourth (or fifth) string, senior running back, who scored.  Gattuso's actions that day were disgusting, and I have never, ever forgotten his lack of class.  He's pulled that crap numerous times.

It's one thing if the team performed.  It hasn't.  We average like 11.5 points ppg this year in CAA play...and 18.5 given up.  The 18.5 is nice.  And I don't want to hear him playing the OC.  The line full stop is AWFUL.  Receivers can't hold onto footballs.  And the QB's are punch drunk from getting hit.   Gattuso's judgment of running an offense should have been called into question when he let his failing DC takeover OC calling duties.

I'm done...can't take this $iena any further. 

Calling Bob Ford...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dane96 said:

This program is fully broken.  Full Stop.

We don't have time for Gattuso's contract to expire next year.  Change must be made NOW!!!!!!

I don't want to hear bull$iena about "we were close, we lost by less then x, this many games".  Winners find a way to win those games.  I lost my respect for this man years ago when he whined like a baby against a class act like Talley of Villanova.  In that game, Talley called a run for his fourth (or fifth) string, senior running back, who scored.  Gattuso's actions that day were disgusting, and I have never, ever forgotten his lack of class.  He's pulled that crap numerous times.

It's one thing if the team performed.  It hasn't.  We average like 11.5 points ppg this year in CAA play...and 18.5 given up.  The 18.5 is nice.  And I don't want to hear him playing the OC.  The line full stop is AWFUL.  Receivers can't hold onto footballs.  And the QB's are punch drunk from getting hit.   Gattuso's judgment of running an offense should have been called into question when he let his failing DC takeover OC calling duties.

I'm done...can't take this $iena any further. 

Calling Bob Ford...

Where is that one guy here that defended this loser and told us to just be patient...H something. 

I've been asking for Gattuso to be fired for 5 years...it was clear a long time ago he is in way over his head. I was insensed that they extended him for the full 5 years instead of a 2 or 3 year agreement after how much he sucked in his first contract. Let me guess...CAA is very tough, give Gattuso a break, he just needs more time.

Finally this season has proven what he's always been...he's not a winner.

One more year of this...I'm sure, this school doesn't buy out coaches unless his final year isn't guaranteed.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

We left after the D folded and gave up the fourth quarter TD. Lots of other folks did too. VERY sparse crowd. Looking at the box score you would have thought the Danes won. This coach and this team seems not to know how to win anymore. Ten games in a row. You listening Benson? GG must go....

• Like 3

Thoughts:

• LOL at the crowd in the opening TV shots of the stadium. If there is any proof needed of why GG and MB need to be fired, it's that. Nice fall day and there is like 1,000 people in an 8,500 person stadium. What a joke.
  • Yet another player disqualified after a personal foul. This team is so undisciplined. I don't remember the last time we had multiple player ejected in a single season since going to the CAA. And then you had #44 with another 15 yard penalty.
  • With the whole transfer portal business, IMO, JUC is going to leave after the season. I'm willing to guess that he's not interested in a QB battle, especially after his 2019 season. Either he regressed or the system changed and he doesn't like it cause his stats are not good and a FAR cry from 2019. Good thing is Carino seems like a viable replacement.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Verse or Alexander also moves on - guys want to win and this is not a winning team or program and not even remotely trending in the right direction. We hit new lows of ineptitude on a weekly basis.

Picture of the crowd sometime in the early 2nd quarter. This is PATHETIC. Benson and co should be ashamed.

2021-10-23-20-18-17-Replay-Maine-vs-UAlb

• Like 3

Here’s how bad it was. I pulled in off of Fuller, the cop at the ring road looked at my hang tag and waved me toward SEFCU, the kid at the entrance to Dutch (blocked by barriers) looks at the tag, says no one else has done this, I told him that’s where the cop sent me, he pulls the barrier aside and I go in and park. We walk in.  We find our seats. There’s so few people there that I didn’t realize we were sitting in the wrong seats until the third quarter! It was only my daughter’s second game at Casey so she had no idea. When I realized we were in 206 instead of 205, I looked over and there were people in my seats. We could have sat almost anywhere but the gold seats and no one would have been the wiser. When it came time for the “catch the punt” contest, the punt machine was firing punts about 20 yards into the turf and the contestant had no chance. Total misfire amateur hour. The highlight of the day was halftime. The spirit squads and band did a great job. Then the cheer organization from Ballston Spa took the field. The kids did a great job. Nothing like 4-5 year olds with Pom Poms. There was more fan reaction to halftime than there was during the actual game. Whoever the new PA announcer is....he needs to dial it back a few notches or quit. I almost went deaf in my right ear with the volume. The team looked utterly listless and uninterested on offense. KM was more his old self, but when your RB is the leading receiver, that’s not good. Maine is not the cream of the CAA crop by any means, but their offense was markedly crisper when they had the ball. Our special teams gave up a big return to start the game and again right after they scored to close the gap. Predictable. They try the same failed play twice in a row. They put in a wildcat QB in the most predictable situations. 96 is right....this program is broken. 

Oh, and the PA announcer was awful. The ref’s calls were not announced over the system. I had no idea Mistler was ejected for targeting until I read it in the paper this morning. No useful information, but booming “Death Wish Coffee third down!!!!!” Pronouncements aplenty. Benson should be embarrassed to put this product out in public. I’m done. Done going. Done watching. Done with season tickets. Done with GDAC. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

Well @ least we won the STATS:

Total Yards    231    308
Pass Yards    182    151
Rushing Yards    49    157
Penalty Yards    3-27    4-45
1st Downs    15    18
3rd Downs    1-10    2-14
4th Downs    0-1    4-6
TOP    25:00    35:00
Coach has been complaining about turnovers and penalties. No TO's at all this week.  And 45 yds in penalties NOT awful {fyi last week UA only had 29 yds in penalties to Villanova's 110 yds}. My point, the kids have been playing their hearts outs and except for 3rd down efficiency have been improving what coach has been complaining about. IMHO coach/staff is just NOT giving them the calls/plays/tools to be effective. I did not see yesterdays game [I was @ Lacrosse @ Affrim's].  IMHO you can argue is there enough talent on this team to win? If there is or not, blame still falls on the coaching staff; for not giving them the right plays at the right time with the right people. I.E. FIRE THEM ALL NOW. 

AD included/especially--all he has done is bring mediocracy or worse to every single sport on campus. {perhaps excluding track--but even there cracks seem to be appearing??}

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Well @ least we won the STATS:

Total Yards    231    308
Pass Yards    182    151
Rushing Yards    49    157
Penalty Yards    3-27    4-45
1st Downs    15    18
3rd Downs    1-10    2-14
4th Downs    0-1    4-6
TOP    25:00    35:00
Coach has been complaining about turnovers and penalties. No TO's at all this week.  And 45 yds in penalties NOT awful {fyi last week UA only had 29 yds in penalties to Villanova's 110 yds}. My point, the kids have been playing their hearts outs and except for 3rd down efficiency have been improving what coach has been complaining about. IMHO coach/staff is just NOT giving them the calls/plays/tools to be effective. I did not see yesterdays game [I was @ Lacrosse @ Affrim's].  IMHO you can argue is there enough talent on this team to win? If there is or not, blame still falls on the coaching staff; for not giving them the right plays at the right time with the right people. I.E. FIRE THEM ALL NOW. 

AD included/especially--all he has done is bring mediocracy or worse to every single sport on campus. {perhaps excluding track--but even there cracks seem to be appearing??}

I’m with you, except for one thing. They did have a TO. First drive. Had a nice drive going and then the center forgot how to snap the ball. I think it was two plays in a row and the second caused a fumble. 

My biggest issue is I see zero leadership from Gattuso and no palpable growth.   I will say the defense is close to lights out considering the youth.  That’s great.  But I go back to offense. Nada. 

I also contend that the inflated head coaching record at Duquesne helps his cause.  The Dukes were dominating that league for good reason. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

My biggest issue is I see zero leadership from Gattuso and no palpable growth.   I will say the defense is close to lights out considering the youth.  That’s great.  But I go back to offense. Nada. 

I also contend that the inflated head coaching record at Duquesne helps his cause.  The Dukes were dominating that league for good reason. 

Duquesne’s glory years under GG were in a non scholarship league that doesn’t exist anymore. IMHO, his prior record is meaningless. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Duquesne’s glory years under GG were in a non scholarship league that doesn’t exist anymore. IMHO, his prior record is meaningless. 

Precisely.  And let’s be honest, they were getting the best players for a reason.   Grants. 

I'm very torn.  I don't want this team to win a couple of games late in the schedule and have them say we turned things around. 

On the other hand I don't want guys to go winless , especially the seniors . It's a catch 22. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1