UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I'm very torn.  I don't want this team to win a couple of games late in the schedule and have them say we turned things around. 

On the other hand I don't want guys to go winless , especially the seniors . It's a catch 22. 

This is me 100%. Unfortunately, our seniors will have to 'take one for the team' and hopefully we lose every game so we can finally end the charade that is 'Greg Gattuso is a good football coach'.

• Sad 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:42 AM, cwdickens said:

Lifted from today's Albany Times - Union .... oh... really coach Greg ... you think this is going to work: UAlbany football coach puts staff on notice after 0-6 start

Perhaps, Mark Benson put Greg on notice after the game....watched Mark Benson and Vic Cegles chat on the sidelines late in the 2nd half, both looked disgusted ... Very similar look they had in Hartford last March 2021.  As my wife stated, the coach knows his fate...the team knows his fate...and if you taken the time to listen to their families...they know his fate

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

34-47 Overall
19-38 CAA

13-23 over the last four seasons, including 8-17 in the CAA

3 winning seasons out of 8 at the helm. 1 Winning season and 1 .500 Season in the CAA. Highest finish 2nd (against a weaker CAA / OCC schedule that year), average finish 9th of 12 teams.

It was going to take a bit to build in the CAA...but not this long. Solid facilities and good fan base when the team is palpably good (no doubt can average 7000+ without much effort).

One year left on his contract, though Albany has a history of letting contracts run out. Considering the AD went all-in on football, I would not be shocked if he makes the change this year. Currently 0-7, probably will finish anywhere from 1-10 to 2-9. 3-8 would be an achievement for this underachieving squad.

Edited by Dane96

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

34-44 Overall
19-35 CAA

3 winning seasons out of 8 at the helm. 1 Winning season and 1 .500 Season in the CAA. Highest finish 2nd (against a weaker CAA / OCC schedule that year), average finish 9th of 12 teams.

It was going to take a bit to build in the CAA...but not this long. Solid facilities and good fan base when the team is palpably good (no doubt can average 7000+ without much effort).

One year left on his contract, though Albany has a history of letting contracts run out. Considering the AD went all-in on football, I would not be shocked if he makes the change this year. Currently 0-7, probably will finish anywhere from 1-10 to 2-9. 3-8 would be an achievement for this underachieving squad.

You mean 3 non-losing season...500 is not a winning season.

22 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

34-47 Overall
19-38 CAA

13-23 over the last four seasons, including 8-17 in the CAA

2021-10-25-14-11-41-UAlbany-Football-Sch

2021-10-25-14-12-06-UAlbany-Football-Sch

I will add CAA W/L to this.

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You mean 3 non-losing season...500 is not a winning season.

He's got three winning seasons: Two 7 win seasons and one 9 win season.  

I distinguished between overall and CAA.  He only has ONE winning CAA season and a .500 season, meaning 6 losing seasons and one even season. 

• Like 1