UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: 11/9/21 - 7:00PM vs Towson

Eli

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

What a difference from the 1st 15 min of game.   This got ugly in a hurry vs a bottom CAA team.  Hate to see Kentucky result coming up.  3 of 17 from three.  

This team is better than this ... Kentucky is gonna whack pretty much anyone at this level. For me this is really about growth especially in ooc. At least lots of kids played today...they will get better.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

What a difference from the 1st 15 min of game.   This got ugly in a hurry vs a bottom CAA team.  Hate to see Kentucky result coming up.  3 of 17 from three.  

Most of those threes were contested or from very deep.  Ball movement sucked or Towson just played really good D. 

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

This team is better than this ... Kentucky is gonna whack pretty much anyone at this level. For me this is really about growth especially in ooc. At least lots of kids played today...they will get better.

I hope so.  This team was not prepared to play today.  Plain and simple.  They did nothing well.  Not 1 thing.  

1 minute ago, DanesRGood said:

Most of those threes were contested or from very deep.  Ball movement sucked or Towson just played really good D. 

Ended up 3 of 20.  At least FTs were good, 11/12.  Only Amica and Shaffer didn't play I believe.  Not sure if injured.  If not, sounds like bench warmers all season.  And if not injured, I will say the team is the healthiest in years at start of season.  Always seemed like tough pre-season practices by CB had guys on the shelf early in season.

Boys and girls - it’s one game by a team with a new coach, many new players who haven’t played with each other, in a program coming off of a couple of years of uninspirational mediocrity.

It’s a project that will hopefully bear fruit. We were 5-23 in 2002-03 and were in the Dance two years later. Give it some time. Yes, it may be a lot of losses this year and maybe next, but hopefully there will be flashes of brilliance that will foretell of glory to come. U know

• Like 3

Definitely would not want to be on this team after the coaches break down the film. Next practice is going to be rough.

This game was a team with solid ball movement and passing vs. a team that tries to play NBA style one on one. We had a player make a move to the hoop and the rest of the team stand around the arc. No boxing out. No communication. At least 3 steals from a Towson player coming from behind. Cold shooting. Really nothing went well. Honestly it looked like Reddish was the best player on the floor. He hit his shots, made his free throws, and had some nice passes.

we were out rebounded, out shot, got doubled up on assists. If Towson makes their free throws it's a 35 point loss.

Team clearly has the athletes, but they did not play as a team. I won't give up hope, but I entered the building excited, and exited it bewildered.

6 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

At least we faired better than LCC lol

Not even close sir.  They played the number 23 team in the country away from home.  We played a team picked 8th in the caa at home.  

We were a 1.5 point favorite.  They were a 19.5 point underdog.  Llc kicked our ass tonight. 

5 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Not even close sir.  They played the number 23 team in the country away from home.  We played a team picked 8th in the caa at home.  

We were a 1.5 point favorite.  They were a 19.5 point underdog.  Llc kicked our ass tonight. 

I know they played a better opponent. Was joking about the margin of loss.

Attendance 4215. Won’t be that many next time.

Outrebounded 45-28. Second chance pts 17-6. Not just outtoughed but outhustled.

Towson passed while we ball-chased until somebody was open. We OTOH drove into the lane and then looked for someone to pass to.

And I can’t believe we only had 14 turnovers, seemed twice that

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 2

Pretty sure I looked up at one point and rebounding was only 20-16.  Not sure what happened after that.

No HOF room at halftime?

Get people to show up, put up a stinker, concession line out of the building, and maybe it was just me but it was somewhere near 800 degrees in there.    And while I’m complaining maybe if t I have to sit in the arena at halftime could I ask that the music gets turned down just a touch so I can talk to other fans.

Edited by McFan
  • Like 2

UAlbany Losses																																			
** Albany stats are the left side in each grouping **																																			
Opponent	Type	LOC	ATN	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	
Towson		OOC	Home	4215	56	77	19	30	53	64	35.8%	46.9%	5	7	24	24	20.8%	29.2%	13	10	14	22	92.9%	45.5%	28	45	8	14	3	10	5	4	14	9	19	16

@Dane Pound, any chance we can get a table plug-in for the board?

Edited by Eli

50 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Honestly it looked like Reddish was the best player on the floor. He hit his shots, made his free throws, and had some nice passes.

Agreed. Reddish seems like he has the best vision on the entire team - a real bright spot in a miserable second half. Granted, he was playing against the end of Towson's bench.

General thoughts:

-Defense was really poor. It seemed like they were gambling on everything and leaving guys in the corner open

-I'm looking forward to seeing what Neely can do given time

-Very glad that Doles stayed. He always plays hard

-Something needs to be done to address the parking situation. Cars were backed up all the way out on to 20 from both directions because people kept turning into the lot closest to SEFCU only to have to turn around and go to Dutch. When the signs say "Basketball Parking" people are going to think that's where they are supposed to park.

• Like 1