UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Concur, however, this begs the question: What has Benson and Cegles have been doing concerning evaluating and providing feedback to Gattuso over the last four years?  Has Gattuso been allowed to run rogue without concern of any fall-out and assistant coaches failing to obtain results without  any consequences?  UAlbany situation sounds like institutional failure.

Agreed.  Here is the thing, I am not even sure what Coaches need to go other than TWO, one of which most certainly won't go.  IMHO, our Offensive Line but for a season or two, has been a train wreck.  This year, especially, our Special Teams have been pretty bad.  Those are two easy scapegoats.  Offensively, I am 100% positive Joe Davis will get the blame but I personally don't think it is warranted as the offensive system really hasn't changed since the start of the Gattuso era. Joe Davis' offenses have been stellar at every stop he has been an OC.

Unless we have around $600k lying around, no change is going to be made.  This presents two very serious problems: 1) Can our staff change their stripes, and that starts from the top.  I love the evaluation, will the findings be put in place and will the AD demand some of his own; and 2) It puts the staff in a lame duck recruiting position; frankly, we will lose out on good freshman if there is no extension in place...and the rebuild will have to occur with transfers.  

I am really curious to see which coaches get fired.   Special teams coach has to go.  ST has been awful all year.  The offensive line coach was made co-offensive line coach this year along with the former tight ends coach.  Bynam was the one making the playing time decisions this year not Sweeney.   So I would think Sweeney is gone as well.  I think Davis was a real problem as well.  How many times are we going to throw a fade pattern inside the 10 yard line.   We had 3 legit tight ends and failed to use them in the red zone.   With Mofor as the RB - Why didn't we have a TE delay type of play in the playbook in the red zone.  It will be interesting to see how many players transfer.   The other side that needs to be considered is a lame duck head coach and how it affects recruiting.  It is a big issue.    If a kid has multiple FCS offers, why would he come to Albany?

How much money do we make per year in FB? Is it a losing venture even if were averaging 5k fans? Cause I think the other question that needs to be asked/answered is: if you buy out GG but get some more interest in the program due to a new regime, does that offset the buyout a little? A lot? If we're only talking about say losing $100k then CUT GG NOW. If we are losing money even during the best of times, then obviously $600k is impossible to stomach...

1 hour ago, Danes77 said:

Does anyone know what his  actual buyout would be?     Would it just be the last year of the contract?  Here is his comp from 2020:

image.png.c8c8c6a1193cac782e6e8a1849bc80db.png

A reasonable question might be: How does a coach with a rate of pay of $293,619 make $338,545 in a year where the team didn’t play a game? A 15% bump for what? Being upright? Or is it just his contracted base?

16 hours ago, Danes77 said:

Does anyone know what his  actual buyout would be?     Would it just be the last year of the contract?  Here is his comp from 2020:

image.png.c8c8c6a1193cac782e6e8a1849bc80db.png

But don't worry guys...this he's REALLY going to have a plan in place. I've said all along he'll be allowed to coach out the contract. UA isn't going to buy that out. Which in turn will lead to a lame duck AND $ienaty coach attempting to "turn it around"...incoming a brutal season that will put a final stamp on this loser/failure and his coaching career. Buckle up...it's going to be ugly. My 2 tickets will not be renewed...I've let Benson know. It's not much but I'm not coming back until he's gone. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1