UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 lax schedule

1 hour ago, B9j2j6s said:

Man that is an awesome indoor facility.  Can't wait to see it built as well as the PE gym renovation.  D96 is the PE building number 1 on the capital investment list?  Appreciate if you could share.

No, SEFCU Phase 1 is.  PE iPhase 1 (they gym renovation) is underway as is the infill of the pool so they can build out on that area in Phase 2 of the PE that's down the road.

SEFCU

Bubble

SEFCU Core (entire back of house, e.g. the current locker-rooms, squash courts repurposing, etc.).

SEFCU Addition

Football Field House

D96 thank you.  So SEFCU renovation and new bubble will cost 13.5 million (7.5 Sefcu and 6 bubble).  Is the plan to build the bubble in the spring, and next year start the SEFCU renovations when the PE gym is complete?  Would love to see what the new PE gym will look like.  Is the coming SEFCU renovation the reason the north end zone has yet to be fixed yet?

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

It's actually not lame...it's quite nice and will allow competitive indoor track and have offices and lockers.  That said, due to width of the facility, it will be only 80 yards. I hope they widen it.

It's VERY common even at P5's

When I said it was lame, 100% meant as you suggested NEED TO SPEND the extra $ and GO FULL 100 yds. Renting Afrims" not cheap + transportation + availability issues + in a pinch can have real lacrosse games (with minimal attendance) thus minimizing attendance lost revenue from a complete game cancel/reschedule. 

Otherwise facility NOT lame at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dslyank said:

When I said it was lame, 100% meant as you suggested NEED TO SPEND the extra $ and GO FULL 100 yds. Renting Afrims" not cheap + transportation + availability issues + in a pinch can have real lacrosse games (with minimal attendance) thus minimizing attendance lost revenue from a complete game cancel/reschedule. 

Otherwise facility NOT lame at all.

Ok yeah, those "tents' actually look way better than imagined. And 4x the old bubble is a good size, although yeah, find the extra 20 yards!

I like the all-purple SEFCU seat renovation. Anyone know if the capacity will change at all? 

2 hours ago, Jammaster said:

Ok yeah, those "tents' actually look way better than imagined. And 4x the old bubble is a good size, although yeah, find the extra 20 yards!

I like the all-purple SEFCU seat renovation. Anyone know if the capacity will change at all? 

I think it will decrease from official capacity of 4500 (SEFCU was originally 5000) to 3800-4000. That's just a guess. I am ok with that...it will likely have 4500with SRO, etc.  At mid-major levels, that's all you need.  Gonzaga is around 6000 and that's gonzaga.  we can use the MVP for big games if we move up a conference and host some big OOC from A-10 or higher.  

I'd rather have a massively loud, updated 4000 seater than an empty 7000 seater.

2 hours ago, Jammaster said:

Yeah, i was surprised as well.  

For comparison (NYC costs for permitting and construction are WAY higher than even the craziness that comes with State University construction added costs), Columbia's bubble is only 96,000 sq ft.  The project we are looking at is nearly another 50% larger.  Theirs cost 10 million. 

The Bo Jackson Elite Sports Dome is 22k sq feet smaller yet is 140m long and 70m wide.  You might be able to squeeze a regulation lax field into that size (If memory serves it is 110 by 50-60yards?) but I still think it needs to be 80m wide to ensure a track and a field would fit.  It also may not allow other track requirements for indoor training.  I dunno...I am not an expert on sizing for track needs. 

The UMASS bubble does NOT have a track. and is the same size as Columbia's, costing 5.5 million.  It is a full football field but could not fit a track.  All outdoor sports but for track train there.  

Montana's bubble has some track and field pieces to it, but no track.  It is a 7 million facility that can be taken down in the Summer if they'd like.  It has a full football field, sprint lanes for track, training areas for field and throwing, and host soccer and softball (they don't have baseball).  

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

No, SEFCU Phase 1 is.  PE iPhase 1 (they gym renovation) is underway as is the infill of the pool so they can build out on that area in Phase 2 of the PE that's down the road.

SEFCU

Bubble

SEFCU Core (entire back of house, e.g. the current locker-rooms, squash courts repurposing, etc.).

SEFCU Addition

Football Field House

I knew I had seen that - the FB field house will be a full sized field I think.  Yes?  No? 

18 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I knew I had seen that - the FB field house will be a full sized field I think.  Yes?  No? 

No. The Football Field House is a building in the South Endzone.  It will be the football offices, sports medicines, new lockerooms, more than likely seating.  It will either resemble something like the first building (no seats) or the second building (ODU and Maine) with seats.  

ProjectImage?url=%2Fsites%2Fmarketingstories%2FMarketing%20Story%20Images%2Foriginal.7befb0f7-72c2-47ea-a0eb-5eeae3ac88e2.jpg&width=707&height=470&crop=True&jpegQuality=95

File:ODU Ainslie Football Complex.jpg - Wikimedia Commonsimage_handler.jpeg

Edited by Dane96

11 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Alright so I am really confused are we building a bubble this spring like the one in Uttica or is this in the future?

Two different buildings:

Near term: BUBBLE LIKE UTICA for all indoor practices for field teams and NCAA compliant track.

8-10 years: Football Endzone Facility like the photos above.  Housing offices, lockerooms, sports med, etc.