UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany 2022 Men's Lacrosse Season

21 hours ago, dslyank said:

ps. An historically bad Jacksonville team beat Duke today (a team vt lost 8-15.)  O well, Let the Rodeo begin.

Yes, my daughters alma mater shocked #3 Duke on the road, biggest win in school history.  The president is all in on lax, one of the reasons they dropped football two years to funnel money to the lax program.  As the only D1 lax program in the state of Florida, they are recruiting heavy in Northeast and Mid Atlantic to play in the sunshine State.

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Yes, my daughters alma mater shocked #3 Duke on the road, biggest win in school history.  The president is all in on lax, one of the reasons they dropped football two years to funnel money to the lax program.  As the only D1 lax program in the state of Florida, they are recruiting heavy in Northeast and Mid Atlantic to play in the sunshine State.

Here in SW Florida lacrosse is blowing up HUGE.  Right now I know far more people with kids (girls and boys) playing lacrosse than I do soccer.  Like 3-1.  They just built (and are continuing to build) this insane 85MM 11 field (plus another 11 for softball and baseball) facility called Paradise Coast Sports Complex and I only know families who have played lacrosse on it.  Nothing else. Harvard and Ohio State are playing at the stadium in the complex (seats about 5k with 8 luxury skyboxes) on the 26th. 

Worth a look  https://playparadisecoast.com/

Sounded like Coach Marr is lowering the expectation bar. Once again when asked about the offense and no mention of Yunker. No idea if he is hurt or just buried on the depth chart.

He talked about the team not being in great shape and they were run hard at practice today, on a Monday of game week??  One of the things that changed 4-5 years ago, I don't remember, but the team went away from a run test.  I heard various reasons and why, but that was not a positive interview, and sounds like it could be a tough year.

FEB 19 (SAT) 1:00 PM

AT 
#17 CORNELL
ITHACA, N.Y.

Weather forecast for Ithaca....playing service likely rock hard as lows for Saturday are forecast in the low teens....Saturday

A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain and snow between noon and 2pm, then a chance of snow after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Edited by cwdickens
update

20 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Sounded like Coach Marr is lowering the expectation bar.

A little surprised by this? Did not hear the interview; but never heard Scott be anything but positive, even when their was little or nothing to be positive about?

At the zoom, he was talking about a split of our OOC games would put UA in a good spot for an at-large. Also, said VT most important game on UA schedule; not worried about perhaps the most difficult OOC schedule in the country. Sounded like a very confident coach. 

Brown scrimmage must have been really BAD, to get Scott so pessimistic on 104.5. Anyone else hear the interview? Anyone know was it archived & how to access?

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

A little surprised by this? Did not hear the interview; but never heard Scott be anything but positive, even when their was little or nothing to be positive about?

At the zoom, he was talking about a split of our OOC games would put UA in a good spot for an at-large. Also, said VT most important game on UA schedule; not worried about perhaps the most difficult OOC schedule in the country. Sounded like a very confident coach. 

Brown scrimmage must have been really BAD, to get Scott so pessimistic on 104.5. Anyone else hear the interview? Anyone know was it archived & how to access?

He definitely lowered the bar and talked about a lot of very young players at attack and moving Hogg back to being just a one way offensive player versus playing two way middie. Sounded to me like he is banking on going very young on offense, and hoping to round into form by the time the AE schedule rolls around. I didn't see either scrimmage but based upon the report I got from the Brown scrimmage the offense was not very good and struggled after the first quarter FWIW.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:55 PM, dslyank said:

Vermont lost at home to Utah (first home loss since 2019 I guess.) With Penn State. a very good Bryant and from what I hear an Improving Brown, their next , Vt could be 0-5 before they play two week teams Dartmouth  & then  Providence. I do not know what this means; or even if they will start 0 & 5

VT bounced back strong with a solid victory @ Penn State. I guess like Scott I need to dial back my enthusiasm.

• Like 1

Weather conditions continue to deteriorate for Saturday, going to be particular windy.....

Friday Night
Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. Light and variable wind becoming south 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
Saturday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 21 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Link to Cornell University's spectator policy: https://cornellbigred.com/sports/2021/9/22/2021-22-spectator-policies.aspx

36 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Where did you see this? Master schedule on UASports.com still list 4PM? You in Georgia today?

Email sent around 4:30 PM, details below:

The University at Albany Men's Lacrosse team's home opener at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium on Wednesday, March 2, will now begin at 7 PM.

Game times have been updated for all mobile tickets. Previously printed or downloaded game tickets and parking passes remain valid for new start time.

Gates will open at 6 PM and tailgating lots at 3 PM, before the Great Danes open the 2022 campaign against crosstown rival Siena.

• Like 1

The official NWS forecast for Ithaca, NY on Saturday continues to deteriorate .... colder temps and higher winds.... 

Saturday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 23 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

From Uabanysports.com:

• UAlbany returns 2021's second- and third-leading scorers in Corey Yunker and Graydon Hogg, but has to replace five of last year's top-seven scoring individuals, including top scorer Jakob Patterson

Also, Yunker announced as one of 3 captains with Sands & Tanner Hay.

Game Notes also up NO goalkeeper listed in depth chart. Ramos is still on roster list

Inside Lax in IVY preview had Brown doubling up UA in scrimmage. No wonder Scott dialing back. Scott also treated for minor skin cancer this week.

• Thanks 1

Brooks recent letter to the NCAA (you can read full text on inside Lacrosse) is eloquent and perhaps makes some good points. However, it fails to mention brook supported the rule when written and fails to mention they voted to support BostonU suspension in 2012. She does say the rule is outdated and un-fair to student athletes; and perhaps she is correct on both issues. But again she fails too say has brook done anything over the years to get the rule fixed/changed/modified/deleted. She also fails to mention compared to MOST leagues nationwide, the AmEast as a relatively modest exit fee. So like CW said so eloquently "go pound salt".