UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 Spring Roster Is Up- Departures from Program

20 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

I actually agree with you on this 100% and is a shortcoming of this staff. They are not getting the right level player. I would say Undercuffler and clearly Verse w would qualify as the right kid. 

And Casale- Casale is at RMU, in the full scholarship Big South.  It's not an NEC RMU.    The Big South plays very good football, not quite CAA top to bottom...but closer than many would want to believe. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that most of guys transferring out have graduated with a couple of years left.  The 2020 fiasco kind of messed everything up.  I actually like Oedekoven a lot but as you say.......There are already several new kids coming in at WR. 

TU reported this week:

Oedekoven, who’s on course to receive his bachelor’s degree in business administration this spring, said he wants to study business analytics in graduate school. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

“Albany has an information systems program, which is more of the IT direction,” said Oedekoven, who aspires to become a CEO. “But I wanted more of the business side of analytics, rather than the IT side. It was all academic reasons why I wanted to leave, for the most part. “

I don’t think anyone can fault a student athlete who transfers out for academic reasons, either before or after graduation. Having sports skills on top of academic prowess is a powerful combo and using that leverage to get into a program more aligned with career goals makes perfect sense. Some, like Verse, have a legit shot at a pro career and they move on up. Good for them. How many top public school athletes get sucked up by Catholic/Private schools every year, where they feel the competition and prestige will get them noticed? It tends to work, at least for some. TO has been a good addition to UA. I wish him well and much success. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Dane81 said:

Doesn't look like the Spring Roster has been updated to include any of the incoming transfers.  When does Spring practice start? (already started?)  And when is the Spring game?

On the UAlbany FB Instagram account .... there are three pictures of players practicing on a snow covered field from a week ago... I have seen no mentioned of the Spring Game

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

On the UAlbany FB Instagram account .... there are three pictures of players practicing on a snow covered field from a week ago... I have seen no mentioned of the Spring Game

I think that is not spring ball.  SPring ball for us usually starts later.  Those are allowed practices but not spring ball.  

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I think that is not spring ball.  SPring ball for us usually starts later.  Those are allowed practices but not spring ball.  

UAlbany FB announced the first day of Spring Practice begins on the first of April and concludes with the Spring Game on the first of May .... the announcement appeared on the UAlbany FB Instagram account this morning

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

Any idea where Undercuffler ended up transferring to?

No where.  He was basically begging on twitter to get picked up, as of yesterday.  Such a strange set of circumstances.  Should have never left.  I wonder what really happened.

• Like 2