UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 Spring Roster Is Up- Departures from Program

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

No where.  He was basically begging on twitter to get picked up, as of yesterday.  Such a strange set of circumstances.  Should have never left.  I wonder what really happened.

Considering the season Albany had last season .... his chances of being picked up by a decent team was limited .... perhaps after spring practice .... he may become someone's back up if there is concern about the fitness of the first stringer due to injury during spring practice

8 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Considering the season Albany had last season .... his chances of being picked up by a decent team was limited .... perhaps after spring practice .... he may become someone's back up if there is concern about the fitness of the first stringer due to injury during spring practice

He was in a tough situation. Pretty much asking any would be takers to ignore the utter train wreck of last season. Eight TDs against seven INTs and literally no threat to run for positive yards will not get a lot of offers. Being regularly subbed out for being ineffective. Failing to raise the prospects of a struggling team. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in any way saying the bad season was his fault. But, if you want to transfer, possible suitors are probably look to see, at the very least, that you were a bright spot in a dismal season....and that just wasn’t the case. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:53 AM, jimbo said:

He was in a tough situation. Pretty much asking any would be takers to ignore the utter train wreck of last season. Eight TDs against seven INTs and literally no threat to run for positive yards will not get a lot of offers. Being regularly subbed out for being ineffective. Failing to raise the prospects of a struggling team. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in any way saying the bad season was his fault. But, if you want to transfer, possible suitors are probably look to see, at the very least, that you were a bright spot in a dismal season....and that just wasn’t the case. 

Some kids let others talk them into doing things that may not be in their best interest,  eg. who was the WR from Troy who had issues and left them team and then tried to come back, Dev who??????? I know for certain this is what happened - listened to the wrong people and ruined his FB career.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:36 PM, Dane96 said:

No where.  He was basically begging on twitter to get picked up, as of yesterday.  Such a strange set of circumstances.  Should have never left.  I wonder what really happened.

Undercuffler should comeback to the Albany program. if there are no takers at the FCS level I assume GG would take him back. I also assume he has no interest in D2 or D3 as he would of transferred somewhere. I know D2 or D3 would scoop him up in a second.

37 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Undercuffler should comeback to the Albany program. if there are no takers at the FCS level I assume GG would take him back. I also assume he has no interest in D2 or D3 as he would of transferred somewhere. I know D2 or D3 would scoop him up in a second.

Question is: Can Greg Gattuso forgive and forget?  

I think Jeff realizes his mistake...liking a lot of of UA tweets.  However, I cannot imagine that the Coaching staff would bring him back with Vellece (sp?), Carino, and the frosh/soph from Western NY on the roster. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, cwdickens said:

Question is: Can Greg Gattuso forgive and forget?  

Too late.  He has lost his scholarship and there is a new QB in town.

11 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Too late.  He has lost his scholarship and there is a new QB in town.

LOL .... we all knew that .... I stated a question that I think must of us already knew the answer...who knew how the UAlbany men's sports seasons was going to unfold at the start of the fall ...such drama....

• Like 1