UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena/UAlbany Game

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

The press release calls the 22 game a neutral site game. I didn't see the press conference today so I don't know more details. I can't attach it from phone to here

John A, the Siena AD, stated: for the 2022 game ...used the word "sanitized" when describing what will happen to the MVP Arena for this game including what UAalum72 stated plus removing an advertising referencing Siena....they will use court from the Capital Center, which I believe has been used previously at the MVP Arena (f/n/a Times-Union Center).  In addition, the moderator stated there will be announcement about the date and ticket information (?) from the individual institutions sometime in the spring.  The true cost of renewing the rivalry will have to wait until then and beyond.  Lastly, the Siena coach Carm...did stated he realizes not all fans will be please by this announcement.  I believe the most honest statement during the news conference.  

I will lead with this... my first UAlbany - Siena game was December 1970 and saw nearly all the games thru 1977...I have the opinion that the agreement is about revenue not the rivalry...rivalry is only a marketing point after that I am neutral about the announcement.

During the news conference, Dwayne Killings mentioned Jonathan Beagle...the importance of a local player participating in this rivalry game....Question: Where will Jonathan's mom sit during the game?  If I recall correctly, not only is she, a Siena graduate...was a member of the Siena WBB team....talk about divided loyalties...

4 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I hope by the '23 game they've completed the rebuild of SEFCU Arena - or at least fixed the baseline bleachers.

Well you might want to ask Siena Coach Carm for some insight... as he anticipates playing in front of 6,000 to 7,000 fans in SEFCU Arena... he also predicted 13,000 in the MVP Arena for 2022 & 2024...so Coach Carm  estimate of attendance ... is 32,000 to 33,000 over three years

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Well you might want to ask Siena Coach Carm for some insight... as he anticipates playing in front of 6,000 to 7,000 fans in SEFCU Arena... he also predicted 13,000 in the MVP Arena for 2022 & 2024...so Coach Carm  estimate of attendance ... is 32,000 to 33,000 over three years

Come on. Give their coach a break. Our old capacity of 4600 would be counted as 6000 to 7000 using standard $iena crowd counting methods at their games. 😉

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Come on. Give their coach a break. Our old capacity of 4600 would be counted as 6000 to 7000 using standard $iena crowd counting methods at their games. 😉

Per the Daily Gazette, the average game attendance was 9838, which includes the single SEFCU Arena match....I see your point...Siena people would see 10,000 at MVP Arena and state 11,000 perhaps 12,000 ...lol