UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 FBS Game Announced- Baylor

3 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Their stadium only seats 45,000 so they won't give a payout like the SEC/B1G schools. 

Size doesn't matter for these things; concessions, sponsors, advertising, etc.  

Baylor game day revenues are close to the $4-4.5 million range with out media and advertising revenue, and the Big 12 share of media/payouts attributed to football.  

13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Their stadium only seats 45,000 so they won't give a payout like the SEC/B1G schools. 

....."only seats 45,000"....I smiled I saw this .... not bad for a city with an estimated population of 138,000....yes, we played in the Carrier Dome...with 49,250 for football....I bet there will be more people in the seats for this game then for the Syracuse game....

13 hours ago, Dane96 said:

If it's 400 or so thousand, then it's about 8 percent of the football budget.  Solid haul.  

This game is a reminder how cash starved our athletic program is.... a David vs. Goliath moment.... I highly doubt Goliath is going to lose....the best I can hope: we do not lose players to injuries that could cost conference loses down the road....

17 hours ago, Eli said:

I'm all for the players taking one for the team

Yeh, but what good is it if you come away with a punch of injuries? Seem to recall 2/3 years back in a FBS game, lost 12-13 players for multiple games. Some players lost out on as many as 4 games and a couple season ending. Maybe I have the numbers wrong, but against a team like Baylor could loose enough players that we'd have to cancel the season 🤨🤢.

Edited by dslyank

22 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

....."only seats 45,000"....I smiled I saw this .... not bad for a city with an estimated population of 138,000....yes, we played in the Carrier Dome...with 49,250 for football....I bet there will be more people in the seats for this game then for the Syracuse game....

Yes, only 45,000, smaller than the Carrier Dome, and less than half of places like Ohio Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) or Neyland Stadium (Tennessee)

5 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Yeh, but what good is it if you have come away with a punch of injuries? Seem to recall 2/3 years back lost 12-13 players for multiple games. Some players lost out on as many as 4 games and a couple season ending. Maybe I have the numbers wrong, but against a team like Baylor could loose enough players that we'd have to cancel the season 🤨🤢.

Eh, football is football IMO. I haven't played, but I imagine the hits will hurt whether it is a 200lb guy hitting you or a 225lb guy hitting you. I think this is a case of 'correlation is not causation'. We're D1 just like they are D1.

It's not like UA offense will be up against Seattle Seahawks Legion of Boom by playing Baylor and getting absolutely obliterated by Cam Chancellor or someone like that.

Edited by Eli

26 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Yes, only 45,000, smaller than the Carrier Dome, and less than half of places like Ohio Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) or Neyland Stadium (Tennessee)

Both Texas and Texas A&M within 100 miles of Baylor also on the list of stadiums with twice the capicity of Baylor  

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Eh, football is football IMO. I haven't played, but I imagine the hits will hurt whether it is a 200lb guy hitting you or a 225lb guy hitting you. I think this is a case of 'correlation is not causation'. We're D1 just like they are D1.

It's not like UA offense will be up against Seattle Seahawks Legion of Boom by playing Baylor and getting absolutely obliterated by Cam Chancellor or someone like that.

Newton's second law
F = m * a
F    =    force
m    =    mass of an object
a    =    acceleration

Here-in lies the problem IMHO.  Bob Ford in playing up alway said speed {acceleration) was always the biggest concern/issue/problem.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/103629

The Baylor faithful are having a good yuck over this game. I like the comparisons to Texas HS stadiums. Let the Scooby Do jokes flow! I’d like to have been in the room when they told Ambrose his first time out of the box offense was going up against Baylor. Lol. :: Cleaning the wax out of his ears so he could be sure he could hear correctly:: “We are playing WHO??” GG tells him the game and his future are riding on the outcome of the offensive production and he’s already got a nice shiny spot under the bus lined up for him. 

Aw hell, beggars can’t be choosers....take the money and run (hopefully not limp) back to the plane and get out of the Texas heat. 

26 minutes ago, jimbo said:

The Baylor faithful are having a good yuck over this game. I like the comparisons to Texas HS stadiums. Let the Scooby Do jokes flow! I’d like to have been in the room when they told Ambrose his first time out of the box offense was going up against Baylor. Lol. :: Cleaning the wax out of his ears so he could be sure he could hear correctly:: “We are playing WHO??” GG tells him the game and his future are riding on the outcome of the offensive production and he’s already got a nice shiny spot under the bus lined up for him. 

Aw hell, beggars can’t be choosers....take the money and run (hopefully not limp) back to the plane and get out of the Texas heat. 

It is amusing to read their thoughts on the game, they are not happy with their opponent.  Comparing us to a Texas high school team although some of those may give a tough game, lol.  I wonder what their thoughts would be if this was right after the 2019 season with our FCS appearance and Undercuffler, Mofor, and Green at their best.  Would probably still rip us 😝😝.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Totally forgot we had a brand-new OC. Oof. I'll be EXTREMELY happy if we score a single TD.

And some of those TX HS stadiums are INSANE.

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

It is amusing to read their thoughts on the game, they are not happy with their opponent.  Comparing us to a Texas high school team although some of those may give a tough game, lol.  I wonder what their thoughts would be if this was right after the 2019 season with our FCS appearance and Undercuffler, Mofor, and Green at their best.  Would probably still rip us 😝😝.

🤣🤣

When the time is right I will take a ticket off one of their fans hands 

At a deeply discounted price obviously just like at Syracuse