Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

You are 100% right on; 30% save rate NOT going to cut-it. 
If Ramos not available (injured or moved on), where is the goal depth Scott was advertising??
Really I’m not qualified to second guess the coach; but from my observations, fall and so far; still think offensively UA is/will be fine. Just do not see why coach keeps praising the D and experiments with the offense, especially the middies. 
Maybe there isn’t any help for the D; so Scott knows/hopes all he can do is be positive??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth vt lost again and umbc got beat by a historically very poor Mt. St. Mary. Brook is 3-0 but has played nobody & are out of AmEast anyhow. If UA can get Yunker back soon & can do something to improve the defense/goal tending there is HOPE for this team. 
Of course a UA loss to an historically poor small private school this Wednesday and my prognostications will become exceedingly NON positive.  

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dslyank said:

For what it’s worth vt lost again and umbc got beat by a historically very poor Mt. St. Mary. Brook is 3-0 but has played nobody & are out of AmEast anyhow. If UA can get Yunker back soon & can do something to improve the defense/goal tending there is HOPE for this team. 
Of course a UA loss to an historically poor small private school this Wednesday and my prognostications will become exceedingly NON positive.  

I don't see us dropping the game to Siena under any circumstance, but our defensive efficiency has to improve or this is going be a 3-4 win season at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

but our defensive efficiency has to improve or this is going be a 3-4 win season at best. 

Not sure I agree or disagree with this. Definitely have to get better D. But trying to stay positive, still thinking 8 or 9 wins. Still think 5 wins in AmEast (+1 vt very beatable); Sienna & UMass(very beatable); and perhaps a supreme effort beats 1 of the power 5s (Yale & SU look beatable [SU D maybe even worse than UA].) Maryland hopeless, Penn?? So 9 maybe even 10 wins doable.

Of course without some defensive/goal improvement could be worse; but do not think it will be as bad as 3-4wins?? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Not sure I agree or disagree with this. Definitely have to get better D. But trying to stay positive, still thinking 8 or 9 wins. Still think 5 wins in AmEast (+1 vt very beatable); Sienna & UMass(very beatable); and perhaps a supreme effort beats 1 of the power 5s (Yale & SU look beatable [SU D maybe even worse than UA].) Maryland hopeless, Penn?? So 9 maybe even 10 wins doable.

Of course without some defensive/goal improvement could be worse; but do not think it will be as bad as 3-4wins?? 

I would love to flat out be wrong!! But looking at the schedule, and what we have seen so far there looks like two for certain wins against Siena, and NJIT, and two probable wins against UMass Lowell and Bingo. Although Bingo had a pretty good game yesterday. Bingo beat Lafayette who beat Drexel so that is no gimmie. I've been following lacrosse for a long time, and Lafayette hadn't won a game in forever so to lose to a team who lost to them is not a good sign.

UMass and UMBC are probably toss ups and right now we would be heavy underdogs against Cuse, Yale, Penn, and Maryland, and underdogs against Vermont and Stony Brook. 

Seems like six wins is the best scenario outcome. If I were Vegas I would put the over/under at around five wins. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what it mean; not sure what any of it mean at this point, but sienna beat MassL on the road yesterday. Do we switch certain/toss up status sienna & MassL??

What about 1-3 Penn State knocking off Yale (when was the last time Yale held to 6 goals). Boston U ( a team UA scrimmaged up or even) more than doubles up on UMassA. Brown 2 & 1 (with a narrow loss @NC) and a win over vt., picked 5/6 in the IVY?? 

Parity has arrived?????? or just too early in the season to make any sense?

ps. NOT convinced brook legit. Have NOT played anybody. Bingo could be tough if they found a replacement for their goalie?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, cwdickens said:

Without a good on campus indoor playing facilities, both our MLAX and WLAX teams suffer....not that easy traveling all over the Capital District to play in one of the off campus bubbles

Agree 100%

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I would love to flat out be wrong!! But looking at the schedule, and what we have seen so far there looks like two for certain wins against Siena, and NJIT, and two probable wins against UMass Lowell and Bingo. Although Bingo had a pretty good game yesterday. Bingo beat Lafayette who beat Drexel so that is no gimmie. I've been following lacrosse for a long time, and Lafayette hadn't won a game in forever so to lose to a team who lost to them is not a good sign.

UMass and UMBC are probably toss ups and right now we would be heavy underdogs against Cuse, Yale, Penn, and Maryland, and underdogs against Vermont and Stony Brook. 

Seems like six wins is the best scenario outcome. If I were Vegas I would put the over/under at around five wins. 

 

Too early to be negative.  YOUNG team finally starting to jell a little.   Yunker will be back soon too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Too early to be negative.  YOUNG team finally starting to jell a little.   Yunker will be back soon too.

I hear you, but I think I am being realistic. LCC isn’t a good team and not for a ton of penalties from them last night this could have gone the other way.

We’ve been hearing the young team comment for the last several years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought UA played pretty well for the most part. lcc is NOT a good team but NOT as bad their record over the last couple of years shows. All but 2 loses last year were by 1 or 2 goals. Played Army (who handled SU yesterday pretty easily) tough for a ½. Beat MassL who was supposedly on the rise in the AmEast?? lcc has a lot of seniors and grad kids on the roster. It was a rivalry game with a lot of emotion and a lot of "knowing each other."

With all that said, DO feel UA should/could have at least doubled them up. UA did have 3 goals dis-allowed {2 of which were suspect IMHO.} But was encouraged by:  both UA F/O guys; A LOT of UA players [especially freshman] involved in the scoring; and the defense with some costly mistakes, actually played very hard and good for the most part.

My negative is UA did not have any (zero) behind the goal attack; and hope/ think this will change if/when Yunker's comes back [watched replay announcers said mid-march.]

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...