Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #30: 3/1/22 - 7:00PM vs Hartford


Recommended Posts

Good news : we are not a good team . If u told me we would get 9 wins with this team I would have signed up for that.  

Bad news: DK coaching these last few games. 

 

I don't want to say that without giving my opinion.  

Hutch should be playing 3/4 of the time over Reddish

Neely should be playing 3/4 of the time over Newman.

Doles should be playing more of the 5. What's happening is Newman and Champion can't shoot.  So they are really playing off them not allowing the others to score.  The fact he does not see that is mildly alarming . 

I have always said I will give DK the year and I will. However he will get his guys in here next year and I expect marked improvement.  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

It may seem like a man crush but Neely is the pot that stirs the drink. Horton is our best player however ,

We have 2 points in our first 6 minutes.  Neely comes in and we get 21 points in the next 8 minutes. His defense is not great but he commands respect on the offensive end and rebounds the crap out of the ball. 

I agree they should be playing Neely more, but he turns the ball over a good amount and has at least one or two offensive fouls a game with the limited minutes he does play. It is what it is for this year with this team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Ehhh. A waste of time. Three pointers raining down.  Can’t beat that. 

We didn't lose that game because of the 3s (however they made them ). They only scored 67 points. We lost it for other reasons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

I agree they should be playing Neely more, but he turns the ball over a good amount and has at least one or two offensive fouls a game with the limited minutes he does play. It is what it is for this year with this team. 

That will cancel out the 1 or 2 illegal screens Newman gets per game . Haha.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

That will cancel out the 1 or 2 illegal screens Newman gets per game . Haha.  

Also true. Honestly this team may have been better off not having a home game anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Hutch should be playing 3/4 of the time over Reddish

Neely should be playing 3/4 of the time over Newman.

Doles should be playing more of the 5. What's happening is Newman and Champion can't shoot.  So they are really playing off them not allowing the others to score.  The fact he does not see that is mildly alarming . 

I have always said I will give DK the year and I will. However he will get his guys in here next year and I expect marked improvement.  

 

 

100% Agree. 
 

++ with Champion & Newman on offense, UA is attacking with 3 against 5 defenders!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Also true. Honestly this team may have been better off not having a home game anyway 

Well the team went from a shot at a #2 seed to not even getting a home game by losing to a SBU team that had half it's team quit on them and a Hartford team that had 3 of it's 4 best players out with injuries.

Was great to see Perry get another shot, and maybe he plays well in the playoffs but I think he hurt the team tonight. At 100% he is the best player on the team. At 90% he is a starter, at 80% he deserves a lot of PT, at 70% he is a solid role player. He was probably at 50% tonight, at best, as demonstrated by his tentative first step and the missed dunk on a break away. Love his heart, glad he came back, not sure he was ready for the amount of time he was on the floor tonight.

Was a fun season, excited to see what happens in the off-season with recruiting. High hopes but low expectations for the AE playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per the AE forum, we're the fifth seed. If Hartford beats Lowell Thursday, we play at New Hampshire, otherwise we play at Hartford. And the tournament reseeds, so we need not go to Vermont if we win the first (if #6 beats #3, then we'd play #2 instead of #1)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...