UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 5 at University of Maryland, College Park, MD Saturday MAR 12, 2022

13 minutes ago, Laxdawg20 said:

This is going to be long day ugh

Yes, we all agree a long day ... my opinion, this team is not ready to play the type of OOC schedule in place for this year and may face strong challenges from every team in conference.  The talent level is a far cry from what it needs to be for the type competition we are playing

• Like 1

The could end up being the worse loss in team history.   I hope they are recruiting a few more defensive players rather than the constant group of attack every year.   We have no really good defenders or middies on the team.  It is just embarrassing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I just can't watch anymore.  Why not put a different goalie in?

May I suggest you watch the AE MBB Championship game at the top of the hour .... so you do not go blind watching LAX game .... that what I am going to do while enjoying a second cup of freshly brewed coffee with some toasted Irish Soda Bread from the Cookie Factory.

Edited by cwdickens

4 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Yes, we all agree a long day ... my opinion, this team is not ready to play the type of OOC schedule in place for this year and may face strong challenges from every team in conference.  The talent level is a far cry from what it needs to be for the type competition we are playing

No question.   They better be going after some middies and defense - we seem to be over-loaded with attack players

1 minute ago, cwdickens said:

May I suggest you watch the AE MBB Championship game at the top of the hour .... so you do not go blind watching LAX game .... that what I am going to do while enjoying a second cup of freshly brewed coffee with some toasted Irish Soda Bread

I do not understand why Marr keeps scheduling this many of these types of teams.  Have a couple like other schools in the league.  The kids need a winning mindset.

7 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I do not understand why Marr keeps scheduling this many of these types of teams.  Have a couple like other schools in the league.  The kids need a winning mindset.

Pride .... perhaps failure to grasp the reality of his student-athlete talents .... and scheduling games can occur two to three years in advance 

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

So, when do we question whether Marr's time may be up.   Love the guy, i just wonder if his style has become stale.  

Yup, like I stated a month ago, Marr may be this years Will Brown, got stale and the nepotism staff.  

12 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

So, when do we question whether Marr's time may be up.   Love the guy, i just wonder if his style has become stale.  

No not questioning that at all.   They have to do a better job recruiting...  NEED defensemen and two way middies who are quick laterally not just fast.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

We have seen up and downs in the Marr era ... stretches of good LAX and bad LAX .... in my opinion still a great coach .... however; my question: Is Scott Marr getting the institutional support necessary to be at the highest level of Division One LAX .... around here we are always quick to blame the coach

All of the Senior LSD are slow laterally - that is why they are late on slides all the time - that and their Lacrosse IQ doesn't seem up tot he standards of even the last few years

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

We have seen up and downs in the Marr era ... stretches of good LAX and bad LAX .... in my opinion still a great coach .... however; my question: Is Scott Marr getting the institutional support necessary to be at the highest level of Division One LAX .... around here we are always quick to blame the coach

Not blaming his coaching, blaming the recruiting.  Def seems to be an issue.  Need a better D coach, just saying

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Extremely good question and if that is what is hindering him, it is a real problem since the A Dept would be letting the program stagnant.  It is super important considering HOW MANY schools are starting up lax.  In short, we need to keep our "Hopkins" and "Loyola" like uniqueness, meaning winning at a traditional non-Power 5 school.  Coming off the Thomson(s) era, we should not be this down...

• Like 2