UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

On 8/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, GreatDanes06 said:

How someone hasn't put a yearly NY State type mid-major tournament together is mind blowing...

UA, Bingo, SB, Hofstra, Siena, LIU, Columbia, Buffalo, Marist, Niagara, St. Francis, Cornell, Wagner, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Colgate, Canisus, Manhattan

Put together a yearly 4 team tournament, you got enough NY schools, this way you can avoid conference teams playing each other. I would rather see this then these teams playing DII or DIII schools.

Hell, I even got a name...Empire State Classic.

How long before a certain poster starts telling you all the reasons why it couldn't happen and that we should be ashamed of ourselves for pointing out something that is fairly obvious and a good idea?

I suggested it as a SUNY tournament because the contracts should be easier to accomplish this way, but expanding it to include a larger number of schools would be fun to. I am not sure if waivers can be created for allowing teams in the same conference to play during the OOC as part of MTE's or not, but it surely would be a lot of fun!

20 D1 schools in NY according to this site (not sure how they make SBU the second best, but thats another discussion for another time) https://www.collegefactual.com/rankings/sports/basketball-men/division1/middle-atlantic/new-york/ 

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

How long before a certain poster starts telling you all the reasons why it couldn't happen and that we should be ashamed of ourselves for pointing out something that is fairly obvious and a good idea?

I suggested it as a SUNY tournament because the contracts should be easier to accomplish this way, but expanding it to include a larger number of schools would be fun to. I am not sure if waivers can be created for allowing teams in the same conference to play during the OOC as part of MTE's or not, but it surely would be a lot of fun!

20 D1 schools in NY according to this site (not sure how they make SBU the second best, but thats another discussion for another time) https://www.collegefactual.com/rankings/sports/basketball-men/division1/middle-atlantic/new-york/ 

Please stop fighting.  This is absurd. We are all on the same side.  I'm sick of people arguing about dumb $iena.  We should be ashamed of ourselves.  Stop eating our own.

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't know if that's supposed to be just the top 20, but even so they missed Army. Unless they reduce West Point's ranking because of the four-year commitment

Terrible thread for this, I know....but...

Has anyone else seen the three part Netflix documentary "Trainwreck"? It's about Woodstock 99 in Rome. There was a segment about the godawful porta-potty situation and the horrible stink coming from them. In one of the shots, the camera lingered on a guy wearing a $iena Basketball t-shirt standing out side a stinking porta-john. I kid you not. It cracked me up. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Terrible thread for this, I know....but...

Has anyone else seen the three part Netflix documentary "Trainwreck"? It's about Woodstock 99 in Rome. There was a segment about the godawful porta-potty situation and the horrible stink coming from them. In one of the shots, the camera lingered on a guy wearing a $iena Basketball t-shirt standing out side a stinking porta-john. I kid you not. It cracked me up. 

I love seeing Siena fans in weird or bad situations like that. Recently I was scrolling through Instagram reels and I happened across a video of a young kid (around 10) who was doing who knows what (in a restaurant) who smacked his own head against the table REALLY hard (again, not sure what his thought process was or what he was trying to do). To his right was his older brother, wearing a Siena shirt. All I could think of was..."typical Siena family...probably".

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Back to what this thread is about: thirteen home games at one location .... one home conference game vs Vermont at The Glens Falls Civic Center .... this location was selected in part for the Vermont fans .... also the Beagle fans from Hudson Falls .... our OOC schedule is the hold up not all dates confirmed by other teams ....  I asked my source to keep the location to themselves for some element of surprise to me ... with one other location .... likely HVCC ....

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Back to what this thread is about: thirteen home games at one location .... one home conference game vs Vermont at The Glens Falls Civic Center .... this location was selected in part for the Vermont fans .... also the Beagle fans from Hudson Falls .... our OOC schedule is the hold up not all dates confirmed by other teams ....  I asked my source to keep the location to themselves for some element of surprise to me ... with one other location .... likely HVCC ....

Will be interesting to see how they get that many home games considered most of the games announced have been road games or neutral site in Florida 

I did see long island schedule released and they are listed at Albany December 14

Edited by bob87

3 hours ago, bob87 said:

Will be interesting to see how they get that many home games considered most of the games announced have been road games or neutral site in Florida 

I did see long island schedule released and they are listed at Albany December 14

I concur, after looking back at the previous postings .... thirteen home games will be a stretch .... my read ... may see the complete schedule mid-September

Schedule so far:

11/7/2022	Towson				Away	OOC
11/12/2022	Siena				Neutral	OOC
11/17/2022	St. Joes			Away	OOC
11/21/2022	TBD	(Sunshine Slam)		Neutral	OOC
11/22/2022	TBD	(Sunshine Slam)		Neutral	OOC
12/5/2022	UMass				Away	OOC
12/10/2022	Providence			Away	OOC
12/28/2022	Virginia			Away	OOC

10 hours ago, bob87 said:

UMass schedule released today. December 5 Albany at UMass 

A return game to DK's community of his childhood .... has surprised me that UAlbany has not played UMass - Amherst more often considering its less then ninety minutes away 

10 hours ago, Eli said:

Schedule so far:

11/7/2022	Towson				Away	OOC
11/12/2022	Siena				Neutral	OOC
11/17/2022	St. Joes			Away	OOC
11/21/2022	TBD	(Sunshine Slam)		Neutral	OOC
11/22/2022	TBD	(Sunshine Slam)		Neutral	OOC
12/5/2022	UMass				Away	OOC
12/10/2022	Providence			Away	OOC
12/28/2022	Virginia			Away	OOC

Need to add the one home game so far.

Long Island of the NEC schedule was released . 12/14 long island at Albany 

Edited by bob87
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

Need to add the one home game so far.

Long Island of the NEC schedule was released . 12/14 long island at Albany 

This is a fantastic schedule if you're trying to raise the profile of the program. Have we ever had this "money games" a schedule?

• cwdickens changed the title to 2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule