Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

Over-all playing pretty well against #10 Yale. Bad passes are hurting us as they have all year and we are missing close shots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know there is no such thing as a “moral” victory; but this is pretty close? Up one in fourth qtr; Yale scores last 5. Non releaseable on Enders, Yale scored 3 times on this. Whatever Enders did I hope the other guy is hurting! Did NOT look like anything flagrant?

Edited by dslyank
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PENN IVY LEAGUE ADDENDUM TO YALE GAME:

The defense on unsettled/transitions is AWFUL.

I can see why no one started a thread for Penn.......

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it's worth Vermont crushes sbrook @ brook. 7 straight wins for VT including running the table in the AmEast. A UA win Thursday might be the upset of the century 🤪. Not sure UA has the horses to do it???? The only encouraging thing is UA did compete and held their own for much of Yale & Penn.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

For what it's worth Vermont crushes sbrook @ brook. 7 straight wins for VT including running the table in the AmEast. A UA win Thursday might be the upset of the century 🤪. Not sure UA has the horses to do it???? The only encouraging thing is UA did compete and held their own for much of Yale & Penn.

They have got some pieces and it’s nice to see the youngsters showing their stuff. FOGO and decent goalie play gives UA a chance, but the matador style D on the unsettled/transition plays is just a killer. There’s gotta be a defensive player laying some wood on these open guys 10’ from the goal mouth. I think the tournament will be a short one for Marr’s crew. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the Dane Train faithful have sat this one out. Others have said it, but it’s becoming glaringly obvious....the team needs a defensive minded coach on staff. Next, they play Vermont. Vermont’s head coach spent 7 years as the DC for UNC. Some of the goals Penn scored looked so easy that one wonders if there’s a plan at all to defend against the quick strike off of unsettled/transition situations.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Looks like the Dane Train faithful have sat this one out. Others have said it, but it’s becoming glaringly obvious....the team needs a defensive minded coach on staff. Next, they play Vermont. Vermont’s head coach spent 7 years as the DC for UNC. Some of the goals Penn scored looked so easy that one wonders if there’s a plan at all to defend against the quick strike off of unsettled/transition situations.

 

I was just able to watch the replay on ESPN. I heard Mike on the broadcast say we played no zone, and maybe it was because we didn't want to show it again to UVM. I am not sure if I agree with that at this point in the season. As you said the defense is a mystery, and seeing the same mistakes over and over by the same group of guys just doesn't make sense. None of us know what they are being asked to do, but he either has the wrong combination of guys out there or he has confused the living daylights out of them. Either way that is a coaching problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

but he either has the wrong combination of guys out there or he has confused the living daylights out of them. Either way that is a coaching problem.

I've admitted all along as NOT being a lacrosse expert--never played, never coached at any level; basically a newbie fan.  Followed UA lax some in DIII days, became devote when UA went DI. There were some up and down years along the way with the offense always seemingly the strength of the team and D always the Achilles heel. But coach always seemed to compensate and adjust to minimize the defensive discrepancies. This year, I never understood how Scott kept praising the D and announcing the offensive lacking. Granted the O did not have that go to guy who could create his own shot; but by sharing the ball and using a lot of different scoring options; the offense was able to score with "nearly" everyone. But as far back as fallball,  saw a defense, that could get the ball for UA at a decent level; but IMHO could NOT DEFEND against opponents scoring at all. "CONFUSED" seems most applicable.

Edited by dslyank
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...