UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Season Ticket Renewals LIVE!

On 6/1/2022 at 2:12 PM, alum73 said:

Have you asked ticketing for an accommodation?

Call Nat, they will correct it for you

On 6/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Eli said:

Thanks for the reminder that it was not a bad dream but reality that this clown got extended after only winning 3 of 8 seasons. lol. And you wonder why people on here are dejected and ornery.

I've been at my job for 7 years (June 2015). Imagine if I was only good for 2 or 3 years of it? I'd be unemployed as Gattuso should be.

LOL, not everyone is dejected.... take your friend Mark Benson with this announcement:

Winning the Commissioner's Cup for the seventh time in the last nine years it has been awarded is a tremendous achievement that speaks to the commitment, consistency of effort, and overall excellence of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff. We are proud of the fact that our student-athletes have also consistently succeeded in the classroom with an outstanding overall department GPA of 3.13. Winning the Commissioner's Cup is a true reflection of President Rodríguez and our university leadership providing the necessary support for our student-athletes in pursuit of these outstanding accomplishments.

UAlbany Director of Athletics Mark Benson

While football and women's golf is outside the America East, I have a belief they are covered by this statement.  Further, I believe Mark Benson has the complete support of President Rodriquez so considering that .... and that our sports program is not cash rich and the fans do not get to chose the criteria for a coach's success  ... we are stuck with Greg Gatusso through 2024.  

Just now, Eli said:

We absolutely do choose the criteria. If we stopped showing up, Benson would have no choice but to change the criteria. Stop shilling for those two clowns. 

Posting your beliefs on this forum....is getting little attention other than other forum posters... equally my comments ...if you want to make a change you need to find a better platform .... not all DI college sports program are run the same way ... listen at least you can say Will Brown not here any more

10 hours ago, Eli said:

We absolutely do choose the criteria. If we stopped showing up, Benson would have no choice but to change the criteria. Stop shilling for those two clowns. 

Sorry, that is foolish.  I have been sitting on this for a bit but as others know, my season tickets are basically a donation considering I can barely attend the games.  Donations are important for things like COLA, conference jumps, better amenities, infrastructure improvements, game day improvements, debt servicing on the stadium, etc. 

Schools at our level do not fire AD's because a few fans don't show up at games so "not renewing" tickets because you are a mad at the AD or upset at their direction is literally not advancing your wants for the school.  Not buying tickets because you have moved and would like to cease donating...that's a different story.  But if the AD was different and you would be donating tickets from afar...there is no reason NOT to do it now.

And you know I am critical of many Benson related things.

• 3 weeks later...

Still on the fence about renewing my tickets. I'm not a football fan, but I have 4 of the greatest seats in the stadium. I only make it to a few games a year and treated them as a donation. It just feels bad when I can't even give my tickets away because no one wants them. Continuing to lose makes it even harder.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Confused 1