UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"Watched" some of the UA-St.Bonnie game on You Tube. Watched in quotes as camera was so far from the action and quality was so poor; pretty hard to to see/identify anything. Also no sound that I could get to work. When I discovered someone was running a chat alongside the video, I figured out UA took an early 6-0 or 5-1 lead that went to 6-4 and eventually 7-4 by the ½ time. Final 16-7. But can not report much about who did what? I did not participate in the chat but did recognize a couple player parents, complaining about the poor production, camera angle/distance and sound or lack of. 

I also watched some of the Canada Red vs Bonnie game and at one point Canada was shutting them out them 9 or 10 to 0. Did not see a final; but either Bonnie pretty bad or Canada National pretty good.

Missed UA vs Canada White, got home from church too late. If anyone has any information how that game went and wouldn't mind reporting, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I guess that is it for me until late winter/spring. Have a great fall/winter Lax diehards. And of course feel free to rouse me from my fall/winter hibernation with any news/info you like to share about UA Lacrosse. THANKS. Have a GOOD ONE.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:37 PM, cwdickens said:

When I asked Scott, he stated the Canadian games as the only event for fall ball .... no mention of an alumni game ... I am keeping my thoughts about why no fall ball at UAlbany ....

I believe there is an alumni game on Saturday. Don't know any details other than that some of the guys are heading down to Albany tonight. 

As far as the roster goes, I would bet they haven't updated it because there are a lot of cuts coming, and they don't want to add players and the have to remove them. The word I heard late this summer is that the cuts were more about bloated rosters because of the covid years, and getting it back in line with historical numbers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Do you know if it is alumni vs alumni or vs current "roster?" And if you catch a time, I would go over to watch. Speaking of roster, I know you mentioned the cuts before; but I am still surprised. Not really Scotts style. Always seemed the type of coach who felt the more the merrier. Also, last years roster - "some" departing seniors + this years recruits (about 10-12) does NOT seem out of order with other schools?? If anything the # of 2022 recruits listed on inside lacrosse is low compared to most.

ps speaking of seniors who WANT to return, I definitely was able to identify one playing in the Canada Scrimmage; but I guess that does not mean he is a lock for the roster??

Anyhow, thanks and appreciate your continued input/insights.

14 hours ago, dslyank said:

Thanks for the update. Do you know if it is alumni vs alumni or vs current "roster?" And if you catch a time, I would go over to watch. Speaking of roster, I know you mentioned the cuts before; but I am still surprised. Not really Scotts style. Always seemed the type of coach who felt the more the merrier. Also, last years roster - "some" departing seniors + this years recruits (about 10-12) does NOT seem out of order with other schools?? If anything the # of 2022 recruits listed on inside lacrosse is low compared to most.

ps speaking of seniors who WANT to return, I definitely was able to identify one playing in the Canada Scrimmage; but I guess that does not mean he is a lock for the roster??

Anyhow, thanks and appreciate your continued input/insights.

I would assume it is the alumni against the current players, but I just saw one of the earlier posts where someone reached out to Coach Marr and the reply was only the scrimmage up in Canada. But for what it is worth from what I was told there is an alumni game of some sort going on today at 4pm, but no idea where they are playing.

One of the recent grads I ran into was a key player, and I have to believe the coaches would have love to have him back, but he chose not to play another year and start his career. This is second hand information so can't say for sure, but my understanding is that the guys who returned for another year needed more credits to graduate, and there were guys who could have returned who were ready to move on to the next chapter in their lives.

Getting back to the cuts, I agree with you that isn't Scot's style and believe some of it was sort of necessary to get the roster back under fifty or so, and given the struggles the past few years as a way to see who was willing to really work and get rid of guys who were just happy to be around.

For what it is worth comments from the alumni game:

First why does the thing have to be such a big secret? I got there about 5 of 4, the score was 14-4, obviously started early. Overheard a couple of parents, also commenting that they got there late. I only live 7 miles away and it is no big deal; but who knows how long or far some parents traveled to see their sons, whether current members or alumni participate? Also, it irks me to no end that Scott or his staff, never print a roster so the people/fans KNOW who the alumni are and to HONOR them. Also overheard two parents saying the game was going to be 4 -- 20 minute time running quarters. When Scott stopped the game with about 2 minutes left in qtr3, everyone was kind of confused. Must have had dinner reservations or only reserved the field for an hour?? When places like Hopkins have an alumni event, there are banners & parades etc😛 {probably NOT, but still annoyed how poorly UA's alumni games is presented and advertised.}

The final was 19-8 in favor of current team. Cannot tell you much, since like alumni, current roster/participants not printed or available anywhere. It has been said UA/Scott(?) does not like to print the roster too early due to possible cuts and to encourage those competing for spots to hustle and to work hard. I'm not a coach, nor an expert, but seems kind of ridiculous?? It has also been mentioned that due to the extra covid year, UA's roster has swelled. From a very unofficial count, I made yesterday 35-40 suited-up for the scrimmage. Could be many reasons why the number was so small, but at least for yesterday there was no evidence of a swollen roster.

Also, VERY unofficially I tried to compile a list of players that I expected back but could not locate in the game or on the sidelines; and players that I did see who were questionable. Again, many reasons why a player was absent or NOT noticed; and please take note the accuracy of all of this very suspect:

did NOT notice F/O Regan Enders; speaking of Victor players--did NOT notice Tanner Hay and only moderately sure that I DID see Camden Hay;

did NOT notice #24 Jack Pucci--top junior college recruit from last year; 

DID see #77 Palandjian and pretty sure #91 Elijah Gash was there;

did not see a #0 Pezzementi--might have been wearing #1?;

#41 a 6'5 tall thin freshman Parker Winkky who saw limited action last year, appears to really have bulked up.

Again this very limited list presented with no definitive accuracy or reason; please treat it accordingly or IGNORE completely if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little update since no official news or roster being posted. We did land a DU transfer and there were a number of cuts made. Still don't know why we haven't seen a roster. One of the frustrating things, and I have to think it hurts the growth of the program is how we continually don't promote the current players and team. We can do better than this!!

Let's go Danes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

A little update since no official news or roster being posted. We did land a DU transfer and there were a number of cuts made. Still don't know why we haven't seen a roster. One of the frustrating things, and I have to think it hurts the growth of the program is how we continually don't promote the current players and team. We can do better than this!!

Let's go Danes!

A small number of bloggers on this site has expressed similar sentiments over the years including myself.

• Like 1

We spend tons of time in the fall and winter sports forums talking about the issues we all have with Benson and wondering/pleading for the school to move on from GG and potentially DK as well.

When does it become time to start questioning if it's time to move on from Marr? Marr is the most successful coach at UA in the D1 era. One could argue that the run WBB had with all the consecutive tourney appearances, but that was with a couple coach's (Mac and Abe). WB had some great highs for MBB, but those were sandwiched between some pretty hard times.

No other program at UA can claim it was ranked #1 in all of D1 that I can think of. The final four run was amazing. What was it 5 elite 8 appearances? A team consistently ranked in the top 25 for over a decade?

If the team doesn't win the AE this year, that will make it 5 years since the last tournament appearance. 

When do we start calling for a change here? 

Edited by godanesgo99