UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I was asked to be more positive, and I'm trying...I'm really trying...but I literally can't. The only bright side I see is that Poffenberger is pretty mobile (a knock against the O-Line), and Sibley has power.  Our special teams is absolutely abysmal (missed FGs, muffed returns). The lack of discipline has been an issue this entire regime (I counted like 3 or 4 personal fouls IN THE FIRST QUARTER).

Another home opener with a nice crowd that will now not return, so back down to the 3k attendance numbers we go (Gattuso has now dropped his last 3 home openers). I'll probably have row D in 205 all to myself against CCSU, plenty of space to manspread.

Edited by Eli

33 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

This team is poor.  I feel bad for the kids. The worse part is the team lost by 5. Which means we will hear about how close they were and if only a couple of plays were different....ect.... Things losers say. 

“We’ve also got to be a lot better on special teams. We’ve got to do a lot better catching the ball. That play was the difference in the game.”

The career high 202 yards rushing and 3 TDs by Laube. Your QB constantly running for his life. The costly penalties. Those had nothing to do with it? Nope, it was the muffed catch, that one play was the difference. Nice job pinning the loss on one kid coach. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

“We’ve also got to be a lot better on special teams. We’ve got to do a lot better catching the ball. That play was the difference in the game.”

The career high 202 yards rushing and 3 TDs by Laube. Your QB constantly running for his life. The costly penalties. Those had nothing to do with it? Nope, it was the muffed catch, that one play was the difference. Nice job pinning the loss on one kid coach. 

Two words: modus operandi. 

• Like 1

Spring 2021 to now….3-14….yup, it was that muffed catch….that’s the problem…yell at Bernard when the opposition takes three plays to go the length of the field and no one seemed to set the edge and hold contain all night. #20 was good, but JM&J can’t anyone make a mid game adjustment to slow the sucker down?? And to think we are stuck with this dud for years. 

I haven’t seen HOF’s analysis, but maybe letting us get all the negativity out of our systems. 😂

The good: Poffenbarger, Sibley and Greaney

The bad: both O and D lines…minimal blocking and zero pressure on their QB

The ugly: Preparation and coaching…like a broken record…out coached, out performed and poorly prepared. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was pissed at myself for not renewing my season tickets and potentially losing my perfect seats, but the way things are going, I'm pretty sure the same or similar seats will be available in the future. No longer pissed at myself. I'm going to make a GDAC donation in the amount I would have made with my tickets. I have no urge to go to a game this season.

23 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

the way things are going, I'm pretty sure the same or similar seats will be available in the future.

I bought single-game tickets for CCSU literally 2 over from where my normal season seats were. Our perfect seats will be available, no doubt. In fact, I probably could have bought mine, but they were likely still 'on hold' for me and weren't available for purchase.

Edited by Eli

9 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Attendance 7,174, most of whom stayed a lot longer than I expected. Too bad we lost the third home opener in a row.

And could somebody tell the stadium announcer that if New Hampshire has the ball, it's not a "Great Dane third down"

What is our average attendance in comparison?

9 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

6 minutes ago, Michigan_Dane said:

What is our average attendance in comparison?

Last year:

URI		8144
Villanova	7121
Maine		3089
UNH		2988
Morgan St.	2077
Avg		4683.8

Year before (our best year in the CAA):

Bryant		5014
Lafayette	3241
W&M		3329
URI		7763
Maine		3315
UNH		2486
CCSU		1660
Avg		3829.71

Source: ESPN

• Thanks 1

In the words of Roger Wyland: This was a game of too many what if that did not happen or if that did happen.... Wyland concurs far too many unnecessary penalties.  we all agree on that ... as jimbo said they need a o & d front line ... such a disappointment ...where was the team in the 1st half.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

On 9/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, UAalum72 said:

And could somebody tell the stadium announcer that if New Hampshire has the ball, it's not a "Great Dane third down"

And while/if someone corrects this guy; have him TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A NOTCH  or two. Felt like I was being screamed AT the entire game. Kept wondering what I did wrong; why was this guy yelling at me constantly! 

For showing up perhaps???

Edited by dslyank