UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The good: Poff and Greaney….and the Imaginary Sea Creatures are worse than UA. 

The Bad: What the heck was that first punt?? Dropped INTs, dropped pass in a critical third down situation, failed execution of the 2 pt conversion in OT, 109 yards in penalties? 

The Ugly:  Choking up another lead. Failure to execute in critical moments. GG blaming loss on drops and execution…you’ve long ago run out of room under the bus…try looking in the mirror or at least cleanse the coaching roster of your buddies. Coaching, preparation. AD continuing to support a lost cause. Feel free to add more….

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jimbo said:

The anticipation is palpable….no, wait…..I think it’s the bran flakes.  

I’m going to go out on limb and predict a victory.  

Never again shall I climb out on the limb…..😡🤬😳🥸

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

The only good from yesterday was seeing MRSGDG and spouse at the game .... and their two adorable children .... once again, congratulations on your baby daughter

I saw them also. Also saw other alumni, got a scarf and had a few beers .

Plenty of good outside of the field.

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

it's truly amazing how much talent this team has and its completely squandered by bad coaching decisions.  

I am always left wandering the team's failure to execute a play and/or failure by the coach to call the right play ... Saturday was definitely a combination of both ... if UAlbany was a money school Gattusso would be gone ... perhaps Benson ... then I think how many times have others and myself have repeated this statement 

I rewatched the 2 point conversion play and it just looks the tight ends and WR that were split out to block just didn’t get going at the snap.  #10, #85 and #87 seemed to be looking around and never got going on the blocking for Sibley.  #85 got pushed back almost into Sibley.

That said, the issue isn’t this one play.  IMO, it’s our inability to stop anyone on defense.  To state the obvious, Joe Bernard struggled as an OC and he’s now struggling as the DC.  A lot of the defensive issues seem to be a continued lack of size up the middle but we don’t play pass defense well either…

Edited by reeder

16 hours ago, reeder said:

I rewatched the 2 point conversion play and it just looks the tight ends and WR that were split out to block just didn’t get going at the snap.  #10, #85 and #87 seemed to be looking around and never got going on the blocking for Sibley.  #85 got pushed back almost into Sibley.

That said, the issue isn’t this one play.  IMO, it’s our inability to stop anyone on defense.  To state the obvious, Joe Bernard struggled as an OC and he’s now struggling as the DC.  A lot of the defensive issues seem to be a continued lack of size up the middle but we don’t play pass defense well either…

The timing really looks off, but I wonder if the had to wait before firing off the line and blocking to avoid a penalty or something? The call wasn’t terrible, was the execution wasn’t good. Let’s recall that Bernard was so sought after in the collegiate ranks that GG hired him after he spent two years as a HS head coach in PA and then went to an OC job in SC. His entire FCS career was at the lowest level…non scholarship.  He’s GG’s pal….that’s his qualifications. GG is MB’s pal. Nothing will change.  

Edited by jimbo