UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

59 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

This is really sad. I loved watching UA football on Saturday's.  I'm not local so I remember watching grainy video on the Dane Zone. Now I find myself not caring at all. I gave up my FloSports subscription after a month and basically follow games through twitter if at all.  I had so many of my alumni friends getting involved, was putting together trips to Albany for games and got those friends to away games that were close to the NYC area. Now none of them want to make these trips anymore. None of them are engaged in the program.  It's sad and terrible and I hope someone from Athletic Dept reads this to see that Gattuso blowing this program up has a real effect on alumni engagement and donations. 

Trust me: they read the forum. They simply continue to enable this clown and defend him. 

The fish is rotting from the head on down (Benson).  

Instead of waiting to see if he could replicate his playoff performance like a sane staff, they jumped to a massive conclusion. Meanwhile, we have 7 other years of evidence (now 8 years) to show us that he is a garbage coach. 

Eh, who am I kiddin. This clown will be here as long as Bob Ford 🤣

Edited by Eli

10 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The most outlandish thing, but also good to see, I think this is the first time in a few years. I’ve seen everyone on this board, unified, and their belief that a change must be made. Be interesting to see HOF’s view 

Yes except there are fewer posts each week.  The apathy from the fan base is more deadly than the outrage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve watched the 1933 “King Kong” movies dozens of times. At the end, the big furry gorilla takes a dive off the Empire State Building. It’s expected…it never changes…it would be insane to think otherwise. As the TU points out today, GG has lost 14 out of his last 15 league games. He was rewarded with an unwarranted and ill advised extension by Benson who somehow thinks the movie is going to end differently or simply doesn’t care. And here we are, a loyal fan base driven away from a team we loved. I went back and watched the post game presser from the Nova game from 2014. The one where Nova was leading and at the end decided to give a senior walk on a few carries. GG was incensed and blasted Andy Talley after the game for not kneeling. This was a clear warning of how nothing is ever GG’s fault. The other coach (who was WAY better than GG could hope to be) was not having any of it and fired back big time. The other coach was a meanie so he lashed out. There’s no more room under the bus. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I’ve watched the 1933 “King Kong” movies dozens of times. At the end, the big furry gorilla takes a dive off the Empire State Building. It’s expected…it never changes…it would be insane to think otherwise. As the TU points out today, GG has lost 14 out of his last 15 league games. He was rewarded with an unwarranted and ill advised extension by Benson who somehow thinks the movie is going to end differently or simply doesn’t care. And here we are, a loyal fan base driven away from a team we loved. I went back and watched the post game presser from the Nova game from 2014. The one where Nova was leading and at the end decided to give a senior walk on a few carries. GG was incensed and blasted Andy Talley after the game for not kneeling. This was a clear warning of how nothing is ever GG’s fault. The other coach (who was WAY better than GG could hope to be) was not having any of it and fired back big time. The other coach was a meanie so he lashed out. There’s no more room under the bus. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go.

The other coach was also inducted in the Villanova Wall of Fame yesterday for a National Title and 300+ wins.  Honestly, I couldn’t stand Gattuso from that day forward.  Literally was a little baby who taught nothing to the young men he is charged to lead.  Honest statement here I’ve been trying to judge for 8 years now:  Gattuso is one of the two worst coaches Albany had ever had—the overall package—in the 32 years I’ve been a part of the Albany family.   The other— Scott Beeten.   Interestingly, they share a lot of personality traits.  

craziest part of all of this is that Benson didn’t even hire Gattuso, he could have let him go.  Now, he’s a “Benson guy” and that is an unnecessarily self inflicted wound 

• Thanks 2

He once told me in an email that fans need to STFU, he's been coaching or playing all his life and he and his staff knows best. Basically. That was the nail in the coffin for me with this clown. This was like 5 years ago. 

Just now, cwdickens said:

We will truly know apathy has set in if Eli does not start a thread Game 8  vs. Stony Brook .....

🤣 I was throwing the idea around but just posted it. My stats ranking tracker won't be updated until probably after the SBU game though as that is hard to do from my phone in a foreign country. 

• Thanks 1

I forgot there was a game yesterday. Had no interest whatsoever. I do not miss my season tickets in anyway. That's sad when a "diehard" could care less.

This team has to have the most "close" losses of any team in the country over the last 5 years. This means we have the players and the talent, we just have terrible coaching that can't win.

• Like 1

The UA headline was that their comeback came up just short. Nope, it didn’t. They DID come all the way back. Then pooched a short KO to give great field position, then two huge defensive penalties bookending a deep completion....easy FG. The KO decision and subsequent undisciplined penalty giveaways meant that the team coughed up a win like a toxic hairball. Poor coaching. Poor crunch time discipline. Poor decisions. Poor coaching. Poor coaching. Poor coaching. The movie ended the same freaking way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The other coach was also inducted in the Villanova Wall of Fame yesterday for a National Title and 300+ wins.  Honestly, I couldn’t stand Gattuso from that day forward.  Literally was a little baby who taught nothing to the young men he is charged to lead.  Honest statement here I’ve been trying to judge for 8 years now:  Gattuso is one of the two worst coaches Albany had ever had—the overall package—in the 32 years I’ve been a part of the Albany family.   The other— Scott Beeten.   Interestingly, they share a lot of personality traits.  

craziest part of all of this is that Benson didn’t even hire Gattuso, he could have let him go.  Now, he’s a “Benson guy” and that is an unnecessarily self inflicted wound 

It should cost Benson his job....

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 8:06 AM, jimbo said:

This was a clear warning of how nothing is ever GG’s fault. 

Speaking of "nothing is ever GG's fault"....  It's the refs!

UAlbany leads CAA football in penalties. “We’ve got to cut down on some, and some of it, I think is inconsistent on some of the calls,” Greg Gattuso said. “I see around the league what goes on and I’m very frustrated with some of the ticky-tack stuff that we get called on us.”

Hey blowhard (Gattuso), you also know that UA opponents get a lot of calls against them too right? Haven't checked the numbers yet but we're #1 or #2 on opponent penalties.

STFU and coach, doofus. 

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

Speaking of "nothing is ever GG's fault"....  It's the refs!

UAlbany leads CAA football in penalties. “We’ve got to cut down on some, and some of it, I think is inconsistent on some of the calls,” Greg Gattuso said. “I see around the league what goes on and I’m very frustrated with some of the ticky-tack stuff that we get called on us.”

Just once, I'd like to see him say-- "We have the talent, it is my job to harness it and I have failed to do so.".  

Just once....

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1