UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This program is a joke. EVERYONE needs to be fired. Every coach and most of the athletic administration for enabling them. It's feast or famine with these people and it's usually famine. 59 points one week, 3 the next. Unbelievable.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo said:

How come we are not getting post game comments from GG? Maybe 3 pts, three turnovers and TEN SACKS left him speechless...as it did all real Albany fans. 

From the TU story

(on Poff) "He's still a young quarterback," UAlbany coach Greg Gattuso said. "It's the first really hard time he's had. He battled like a maniac. That's who he is. He's competing."

As for the nine sacks, Gattuso said, "When you give up nine sacks, there's certainly enough blame to go around."

"(Sibley) played well and I'm not worried about our offense at all," Gattuso said. "I talked to Coach (Jared) Ambrose (the offensive coordinator) after and I just told him these things happen. I've been doing this a long time. There's a growth process that we're unfortunately in at this point with some of the young players and we'll know who we have next week against Maine and how we play. And I think they're going to come out and play well."

"We're playing really hard," Gattuso said. "I do not have any issues or problems or questions with the effort of this football team. We're battling. We might not be playing as smart as we can on certain situations."

Well, if the offense almost gets shut out, maybe you should worry about it a little. And I realize the turnovers gave up a lot of field position, but the defense only forced three punts all day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

"I've been doing this a long time. There's a growth process that we're unfortunately in at this point with some of the young players"

This is hilarious.

He's been in a growth process for 9 years. 

And I love his 'I've been doing this a long time' bit that he LOVES to use. He once told me that he doesn't care what fans think about the playcalling or coaching because, yep, you guessed it...he's been doing this a long time.

The audacity of this blowhard...

Edited by Eli

40 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Have you sent an email Vic Cegles recently?

I've verbally spoken with him within the past month. Vic is well aware of my sentiment and that of others on this board.

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Have you not countered in all the close losses...I mean come on man, those are wins...this is a tough league. 

Let's see...

"You play to win the game!" - Herm Edwards
"You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells
"Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners." - Joe Gibbs
"The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others." - Don Shula
"Do your job." - Bill Belichick
"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." - Jimmy Johnson
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

lol

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eli said:

I've verbally spoken with him within the past month. Vic is well aware of my sentiment and that of others on this board.

You and I have something in common as Vic called me because of concerns that I expressed about another matter and the conversation led to the current state of football. I do not know what he said to you however I was left with the impression that football is a high concern.

Edited by cwdickens
grammar

17 hours ago, cwdickens said:

You and I have something in common as Vic called me because of concerns that I expressed about another matter and the conversation led to the current state of football. I do not what he said to you however I was left with the impression that football is a high concern.

Fairplay to Vic.  But I have this question for the ADept:  Why was football not a high concern when they extended Gattuso?  To be held hostage to "I give you my word you will get an extension" is just not defensible.  The product has been poor by any measurement for the past 9 years.   Coaches in the industry were shocked (the ones I know) that Gattuso received an extension. 

My only hope is that Benson was smart enough to make the 2 year an "Option" or "performance based" so it will allow him to move on.  This is a 6 million dollar business that is operating on the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting change.  Only change will occur is if Gattuso is gone.

I am all for trying Ambrose or Byham at the top spot.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Fairplay to Vic.  But I have this question for the ADept:  Why was football not a high concern when they extended Gattuso?  To be held hostage to "I give you my word you will get an extension" is just not defensible.  The product has been poor by any measurement for the past 9 years.   Coaches in the industry were shocked (the ones I know) that Gattuso received an extension. 

My only hope is that Benson was smart enough to make the 2 year an "Option" or "performance based" so it will allow him to move on.  This is a 6 million dollar business that is operating on the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting change.  Only change will occur is if Gattuso is gone.

I am all for trying Ambrose or Byham at the top spot.  

Why did Mark, Vic and the University extend Gattuso's contract, I refer you back to the announcement of the extension:

Football Coach Greg Gattuso Signs Contract Extension Through 2024

For me personally, I understood why the group extended his contract, however I would hope there exists an understanding that this contract extension would have result in a winning record and not a losing record no matter how close the outcomes with piling list of excuses.  I am certain Gattuso had a labor lawyer review the contract before signing largely due to his age ... he is looking to get to retirement without having to worry about looking for another job.

Just now, cwdickens said:

Why did Mark, Vic and the University extend Gattuso's contract, I refer you back to the announcement of the extension:

Football Coach Greg Gattuso Signs Contract Extension Through 2024

For me personally, I understood why the group extended his contract, however I would hope there exists an understanding that this contract extension would have result in a winning record and not a losing record no matter how close the outcomes with piling list of excuses.  I am certain Gattuso had a labor lawyer review the contract before signing largely due to his age ... he is looking to get to retirement without having to worry about looking for another job.

I remember why they extended him, which is why I put the quote in.  

As for a labor lawyer, that argument does not hold water (the agesim) in a performance based industry.  I practice law in NYS and deal with employment law everyday.  He was out of contract...there was no reason to extend.  Even with an extension, ageism is a very weak and implausible argument under a contract that is not "at-will" in a performance based industry.

I think Mark meant well, wanted to honor his word...but it has turned out poorly.