UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 11/7/22: Game 1 at Towson - 7:00pm

1 minute ago, McFan said:

I don’t like that he took 9-3’s but he had 6RB’s, 2 blocks, and a steal.  Foot speed isn’t great but he’s got some hop.

That's his role. Get boards and if lucky putbacks. Unless he is open by a country mile, he should not even be thinking shot.

6 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Agree on both points; but must take note missed free throws down the stretch costly. 

Same thing happened in both exhibitions, a disturbing pattern.

We actually outrebounded Towson.. Did the 2nd-half three-pointers ease all the early concerns about our shooting?

15 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Same thing happened in both exhibitions, a disturbing pattern.

We actually outrebounded Towson.. Did the 2nd-half three-pointers ease all the early concerns about our shooting?

32% on the game?  Had a good stretch the missed a bunch.  

Bryant looks to be replacing SBU as the most-hated. They beat D-III Thomas College of Maine 147-39. It was 74-22 at the half.

In other AE openers UVM beat Brown 80-65, UMBC lost to Tulane, Maine lost to Nebraska by 13, and NJIT lost to St. Peters 73-59. Bing and UNH beat D-III teams

I've been following Great Dane men's basketball for over 50 years, and to say that I have been less than impressed with this year's potential would be a huge understatement. The results of the games over the weekend against teams from at least one division below UA made me even more pessimistic. I even had to be reminded by my phone that the team was playing tonight. So I tune in with 9 minutes left in the game to see that we weren't 20-30 points behind already was a huge surprise. I like pleasant surprises. 

The only mention of our game last evening in the Times Union was in an updated version of today's game: Davis will return to Alumnae Hall with the Great Danes at 5 p.m. Tuesday, a day after opening the season with a 67-62 loss at Towson. He scored 20 points in each of UAlbany’s exhibitions, numbers that approach his performances against the Mighty Macs: 24 points in a 2018 game and 27 (plus 11 rebounds and eight assists) a year later. Davis had 12 points, two rebounds and two assists Monday night.

40 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The only mention of our game last evening in the Times Union was in an updated version of today's game: 

I think the print TU now goes to bed by 9:00 so there won’t be any game stories for evening games. They had no story on Loudonville-Holy Cross either

• Haha 1

Does this game against Towson provide us with clue about the outcome of the Albany Cup Game? ...  while we lost to Towson by 5 points; this was a 17-point improvement over last year's game and the other team in the Albany Cup won on Saturday by just 7 points against Holy Cross, which finished 9-22 last year.

Will have Dwayne Killings on the bench and coaching the team make a difference?