UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 11/12/22 - 7:30PM at Loudonville Community College

Eli

Last Up: W (74-47) @ Immaculata
Next Up: @ Loudonville Community College (1-0, beat Holy Cross 75-68 on the road)
Date: 11/12/22 @ 7:30PM
TV/Streaming: ESPN3
Local Radio: ESPN 104.5 The Team?
ESPN Matchup Predictor: 31.6% chance of a UAlbany win

• Sad 1

Massey has us 6-point underdogs (30%) as an away team - technically this is supposed to be a neutral-site game. Sagarin has us 2-point underdogs, add two more if you want to call it $iena home game. Of course this early in the year there's no data for the computers, except for last year.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, danes05 said:

Is there any buzz at all for the game this year? Ticket sales look awful, especially for our UA sections.

Just spitballing here, but….

Terrible football season in 2021….

Followed by an underwhelming MBB season in 21-22….

Then a subsequent coaching controversy…..

Followed by a sub par MLAX season….

Followed by another clinker of a football season….

Followed by two struggles against a lower division team…..

Despite the best efforts of our Lady Danes, the buzz on the male side hasn’t had anything to build on

for a while. Perhaps it’s taking its toll in terms of fan engagement.

Edited by jimbo

29 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Just spitballing here, but….

Terrible football season in 2021….

Followed by an underwhelming MBB season in 21-22….

Then a subsequent coaching controversy…..

Followed by a sub par MLAX season….

Followed by another clinker of a football season….

Followed by two struggles against a lower division team…..

Despite the best efforts of our Lady Danes, the buzz on the male side hasn’t had anything to build on

for a while. Perhaps it’s taking its toll in terms of fan engagement.

The bright side MSOC is the AE Championship game and Field Hockey battling Michigan in the First Round of the NCAA going to O/T

On 11/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, danes05 said:

Is there any buzz at all for the game this year? Ticket sales look awful, especially for our UA sections.

According to Vic Cegles and I quote: "We have market priced the tickets."  When I questioned him about the quality of the product on the court warranted such pricing.  I was told the quality of the product on the court did not come into play.  I think many UAlbany fans like myself have decided to take a step back from this game, each of us for our own reason(s).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

According to Vic Cegles and I quote: "We have market priced the tickets."  When I questioned him about the quality of the product on the court warranted such pricing.  I was told the quality of the product on the court did not come into play.  I think many UAlbany fans like myself have decided to take a step back from this game, each of us for our own reason(s).

As much as I love and appreciate the success and contributions of the other sports in both the men’s and women’s side, FB, MBB and MLAX are the drivers of most fan’s interest as well as the producers of the largest crowds. The lack of success lately HAS to have an effect. In some respects, I think the team lacks personality as well as personalities. I don’t see fire on the bench, the bench cheerleaders, etc. One additional thing…after pumping it up for years, the schools let the rivalry lapse…now they want to pump it up again. They both dropped the ball. Also, the transfer portal has made it harder for fans to stay engaged. You get a good player and then they’re gone in one or two years. Then you’ve lost a favored player and have to get used to a new one…who may or may not be around next year.  On top of that, most of the games are on streaming platforms I already pay for…why take time to drive to and from the game, pay for tickets and parking, etc when I can stay home and watch for $0 additional? There’s lots of reasons NOT to go and if the product on the court is not appealing….the net result is low attendance. 

• Thanks 2

Anyone know if there are any special events downtown this afternoon? In the past the section of Pearl Street has been closed off for a block party. I think there is an alumni association event at the Hollow, but looking at that site it doesn't appear that very many people signed up for it (the list of who registered is on the site).

They say this game is for the region, not having other events at bars/restaurants or other stuff going on seems like a wasted opportunity to me. 

https://www.alumni.albany.edu/s/1642/bp19/interior.aspx?sid=1642&gid=2&pgid=3700&cid=11192&ecid=11192&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=6108

Edited by godanesgo99