UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 11/12/22 - 7:30PM at Loudonville Community College

Eli

44 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

If he did not tear his ACL, I would be shocked. 

There was a footnote in one of the pre-game stories about the floor.  It indicated that the arena intended to use the floor from the Capital Center, as it would be neutral, but, when they laid it down at the MVP Arena, they found it was not NCAA regulation, and so, the re-laid the Siena home floor and put UAlbany and Albany Cup stickers on it, again to give the appearance of neutrality.  From my vantage point, it looked like Neely's injury occurred on one of the UAlbany stickers.  Being totally unfamiliar with how these stickers affect footing, I am throwing out the question to those who have more knowledge about such things than I do, of whether the sticker could have contributed to the injury.  I certainly do not know the answer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, statefan said:

There was a footnote in one of the pre-game stories about the floor.  It indicated that the arena intended to use the floor from the Capital Center, as it would be neutral, but, when they laid it down at the MVP Arena, they found it was not NCAA regulation, and so, the re-laid the Siena home floor and put UAlbany and Albany Cup stickers on it, again to give the appearance of neutrality.  From my vantage point, it looked like Neely's injury occurred on one of the UAlbany stickers.  Being totally unfamiliar with how these stickers affect footing, I am throwing out the question to those who have more knowledge about such things than I do, of whether the sticker could have contributed to the injury.  I certainly do not know the answer.

The answer to your question is yes. Usually they buff these things down because of the slipperiness from the TV angle it look like he absolutely slipped on the sticker. Goes back to my earlier point that Bob. Belber and each of the universities should have serious blame here, depending on who was responsible for securing the floor. They had a year to figure this out. Instead, they half assed last minute, went with a solution that was objectively poor.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

each of the universities should have serious blame here, depending on who was responsible for securing the floor.

Sorry I blame Benson (what else is new). Renewing the "cup" should have been home & home ONLY. There is no way MVP/TU/PEPSI could/can ever be considered a "neutral site." Stickers on the floor are only one more reason why UA gets burned by a half ass contract with lcc/mvp. I know DK was overly enthusiastic about bringing back the "cup" and he thought by doing so he was building community involvement. D'Argenio & Belber have been laughing all the way to the bank for years at UA's expense.

LCC followed up their big win against UA (their super bowl) in front of a packed house with a pathetic loss to Amry witnessed by a mostly empty arena. We should have finished the job and smeared them like the $iena-stain they are....30 minutes and we didn't finish them off. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:11 AM, Clickclack said:

LCC followed up their big win against UA (their super bowl) in front of a packed house with a pathetic loss to Amry witnessed by a mostly empty arena. We should have finished the job and smeared them like the $iena-stain they are....30 minutes and we didn't finish them off. 

and LCC followed up that loss as the blew a lead and lost to Harvard.  Our loss will to LCC is going ferment into something nasty. 

8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

LCC beat Florida State today.... by 17. 

Our run to a big lead, then eventual collapse might not look as terrible. It's always terrible losing to that craphole, but at least they have shown the ability to beat some high end teams. 

I mean, FSU is like 1-4 or something...but that's a big name to beat. Is that the biggest name a capital region team has ever beat?

20 minutes ago, Eli said:

I mean, FSU is like 1-4 or something...but that's a big name to beat. Is that the biggest name a capital region team has ever beat?

How are you measuring big name.

It isn't the first time a capital region team beat an acc team and this one might be worse than the one that lost last season 

17 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

LCC beat Florida State today.... by 17. 

Our run to a big lead, then eventual collapse might not look as terrible. It's always terrible losing to that craphole, but at least they have shown the ability to beat some high end teams. 

Florida Atlantic beat them by a similar number of points...my worry: Are we going to get crushed on Saturday?  Florida St may be the worse team in the ACC

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

LCC has had some big wins in March Madness. I was out working in the field when they beat Stanford, a 3 seed. I also recall them knocking off the Buckeyes. 

Guess I should have Googled before posting lol...I remember their run somewhat but not the specific teams, etc. And I totally forgot we beat BC last year (which was 6-5 at the time I think, not 1-5 like FSU)...that's how poor this program is. In my mind I was comparing, historically, FSU vs Washington (who we beat a number of years ago). FSU is a bigger name than UW.

Edited by Eli
  • Haha 1