UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #11: 12/10/22 - 2:30PM at Providence

Eli

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

Do the SEFC renovations happen regardless of Benson?

In their current form and timeline, maybe not, but they are badly needed, so if think a more competent AD would have gotten it done. Maybe even faster or better. We will never know.

Yes he deserves credit for getting it done, but who knows what if ...

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

IMO, any AD would eventually have gotten SEFCU through the door. And based on what others have said here about Casey, he didn't really play a part in that IIRC. So who knows how much can actually be attributed to him. That being said, a broken clock is right twice a day...so...theres that.

• Like 1

While the team has not played well, I think it's fair to expect to be blown out in 3 or 4 of the next 5 and still have a chance to surprise in conference play. Team needs to stay healthy and hopefully grow against much higher level opponents. Hopefully they keep their head up and just keep trying to gel as a team and improve. This is a rough schedule for a team with so little D1 experience. At this point it's just got to be look for positives and improvements that aren't reflected in the scoreboard. 

There are some tough teams in the league this year in Bryant, UML, UVM, and even UMBC. Even Maine has shown flashes. Improvements from a lot of teams. I've read the league is in a down year, but I don't see it. That said, it's not unrealistic to think this team can compete in the AE. I'd love to see them put it together or get hot and get a big upset or even take one of these teams down to the wire, but getting blown out will tell us nothing. If/when that happens, I hope to be seeing adjustments in positioning and more movement and inside play. Playing the game plan instead of chucking.

Chances are the 3 game will be the only way to close a large gap and we will see the team not want to give up and go that way instead of sticking to the game plan and improving.

After two exhibition games and 10 OOC games, this team has demonstrated no reason for any optimism unless something happens in the last five OOC games period.  As good as Neely may be, is he enough to offset other deficiencies or inspire others to play better? 

UA looking a little better. Getting hacked like sheet, but cannot get a call. Meanwhile, UA has had a number of clean steals and blocks only to have fouls called on them. Providence has had at least 4-5 walking violations NOT called. Pretty hard to defend when the bigger more athletic team does not even have to dribble. 
Not saying UA could win this (still can’t shoot worth sheet) & UA D about the worse in the country; but it drives me nuts when the officials seem to feel it is necessary  to assist the dominant team. Believe me vs UA, Providence does not need their help. 

This game was over before it started.  I think Drumgoole is not a terrible player.  I think he is one of the only players that is worth anything.  So I will ask this.  I understand he is listed as a senior, however what is his eligibility year? Is he really a sophomore? 

2019-2020 freshman

2020-2021  Covid year

2021-2022 redshirt 

2022-2033 Sophomore ? 

Does this make sense? Because nexy year with a jr (theoretically) Drumgoole, sophomore Neeley, and sophomore Beagle, and a Jr Reddish, at least had a decent core.  

12 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

This game was over before it started.  I think Drumgoole is not a terrible player.  I think he is one of the only players that is worth anything.  So I will ask this.  I understand he is listed as a senior, however what is his eligibility year? Is he really a sophomore? 

2019-2020 freshman

2020-2021  Covid year

2021-2022 redshirt 

2022-2033 Sophomore ? 

Does this make sense? Because nexy year with a jr (theoretically) Drumgoole, sophomore Neeley, and sophomore Beagle, and a Jr Reddish, at least had a decent core.  

Drumgoole spent two seasons at Pitt. He's listed as a senior on the roster which he is academically. I would think he has another year left with the COVID year. I agree he's a good player and is having an all-conference type year so far.

Edited by Dane Pound

4 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Drumgoole spent two seasons at Pitt. He's listed as a senior on the roster which he is academically. I would think he has another year left with the COVID year. I agree he's a good player and is having an all-conference type year so far.

Right I understand he had 2 years a Pitt. 1 was a covid year. Then he redshirt last year . Does that mean he has this year and 2 more after.  That's kinda what I'm asking.  

16 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Right I understand he had 2 years a Pitt. 1 was a covid year. Then he redshirt last year . Does that mean he has this year and 2 more after.  That's kinda what I'm asking.  

I

I've wondered the same thing. The only two guys on the roster who see to be out of eligbility after this year are Patel and Davis but we've already signed three players for next year so either Hutch or Drumgoole aren't coming back or something else is going on.

My concern is that this is a "resume-building" year for a guy like Drumgoole.

• Like 1