UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #19: 1/11/23 - 7PM vs Bryant

16 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I like is the job description for "Boss" Head Coach, does it include some reference to New Jersey and/or brass knuckles?  LOL

LOL. I think I deleted my post a few weeks ago where I posted my diagnosis / thoughts on the team, and what I thought they needed to improve. To me it felt like DK hadn't made the internal transition from Assistant Coach to Head Coach yet. The Boss comment was complimenting the decision if it was in fact disciplinary. Reddish was playing well of late. Had a big game against UML. Gotta be hard to bench someone when playing against the team many think will win the league and there is pressure to win now and turn the season around.

Again, I could be way off base and its all conjecture, but I was calling it as I saw it.  

Edited the comment to remove some of the detail because, again, it's all just feelings and conjecture and based on nothing real. I'm really failing at my new years resolution to limit posts on subjects I don't know what I'm talking about and sharing guesses/theories. LOL

Edited by godanesgo99

i am glad you got that off your chest godanesgo99.  My belief that the problem involving Dwayne Killings performance as head coach is that Head Coach Killings does not have the appropriate skill set and the personality traits required to lead the UAlbany Great Danes.  From time to time, I have asked myself, "Has Head Coach Killings career path experiences effected his ability lead the Great Danes successfully?"  His skill set, personality traits and experiences may be better suited for another program. 

That's why we all post on a message board. To share or thoughts and feelings and root for our team. Opinions are like aholes. We all have em... I'm guilty.

I think he does have the skills, experience, and connections to do an amazing job. It just takes time to evolve. I always said it takes 3 to 4 years to "get it" and that's why I've tried to be the voice of positivity in a difficult season. 

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions and I love reading everyone's. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

That's why we all post on a message board. To share or thoughts and feelings and root for our team. Opinions are like aholes. We all have em... I'm guilty.

I think he does have the skills, experience, and connections to do an amazing job. It just takes time to evolve. I always said it takes 3 to 4 years to "get it" and that's why I've tried to be the voice of positivity in a difficult season. 

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions and I love reading everyone's. 

Well for our sakes, the current and future members of the MBB, I hope he evolves sooner versus later.  My feeling, Dwayne knew what was expected from him on day one.  He started with the "New Mentality" which has been reduced to "Mentality".  Next year, god only knows what he will call it next year, perhaps the "Philadelphia" recruitment plan or did that leave when his assistants from last year "got out of Dodge City".    With Dwayne Killing in the second year of his contract, he is not likely going any place soon.  

55 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Well for our sakes, the current and future members of the MBB, I hope he evolves sooner versus later.  My feeling, Dwayne knew what was expected from him on day one.  He started with the "New Mentality" which has been reduced to "Mentality".  Next year, god only knows what he will call it next year, perhaps the "Philadelphia" recruitment plan or did that leave when his assistants from last year "got out of Dodge City".    With Dwayne Killing in the second year of his contract, he is not likely going any place soon.  

Next iteration "Mental" or "Tempermental".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1