UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Announces 2023 Schedule

7 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Seems to me if Hawaii buys out, there's no need for a waiver and the "twelfth" game becomes the eleventh. Might not be your ideal opponent, but probably better than scrambling for an 11th game with only a few months to go.

Right.

In the Hawaii hypothetical then the game vs Fordham has to move off week 0 to a week both are currently off but it would be back to 11 without a money game.

1 minute ago, cwdickens said:

My understanding UAlbany is looking for a game with a team associated with a Power 5 conference.

No surprise they would be looking for a money game, but the question would be how many power 5 teams are looking to fill a game for 2023

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cwdickens said:

GG must have a sense that a possible deal can be reached with a certain school.

Well, must be because every single FBS Power 5 school has a either a game scheduled on 9/2 or are already at the 12 game max limit (if 9/2 is open to them).  So maybe they are hoping a school buys out another school or pushes the game out another year and we get the slot.  Right now, it is a no-go per the schedules currently listed (at the Power 5 level). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/11/2023 at 11:39 AM, MRuler 79 said:

I thought I read somewhere and I could be wrong that the missing game is against Delaware State. 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:10 PM, UAalum72 said:

You’re correct but the date wasn’t set. DSU sched isn’t out yet 

I just checked the FB Schedule site and it says Delaware  State is playing at Army, Richmond, and Miami U (O) on Sept. 9, 16, and 23; we still might play them on the 2nd

Edited by UAalum72

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I wish thar CAA Football would move to CBS Sports, I have watched a few CAA MBB and Patriot Conference MBB games this winter on CBS Sports.  Decent.

Edited by cwdickens
grammar

If the CAA is suppose to be the "class" of the FCS football world {which they have demonstrated NOT of late} and most certainly only "marginal" in all sports but football; should't they be involved with #1 (by a mile) Sports Network ESPN. 

IMHO. Whatever or Whoever think they are only embarrasses themselves by being with Flo Sports 🤮.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

The release says it's an eight-figure deal, so that's a minimum of $2.5 million per year that FLO is paying the CAA for the rights. I'm sure that's the determining factor, not any marketing or customer satisfaction metrics. Of course, after the league takes its cut, with 13 full members, 6 football-only members, and five additional associates in rowing and lacrosse, there isn't a lot the individual schools get out of the deal.

• 2 weeks later...