UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baseball Announce the '23 Spring Season Schedule

PLAY BALL....

Baseball Releases 2023 Season Schedule

Baseball 1/12/2023 11:58:00 AM

Baseball Releases 2023 Season Schedule

• February
    2/24 – at Hofstra, 2:00 p.m.
    2/25 – at Hofstra, 1:00 p.m.
    2/26 – at Hofstra, 1:00 p.m.

March
    3/3 – at Fairleigh Dickinson, 2:30 p.m.
    3/4 – at Fairleigh Dickinson, 1:00 p.m.
    3/5 – at Fairleigh Dickinson, 1:00 p.m.
    3/8 – at Central Connecticut State, TBA
    3/10 – at St. John's, 3:00 p.m.
    3/11 – at St. John's, 1:00 p.m.
    3/12 – at St. John's, 1:00 p.m.
    3/14 – at Army, 3:00 p.m.
    3/17 – at Maryland, 4:00 p.m.
    3/18 – at Maryland, 2:00 p.m.
    3/19 – at Maryland, 1:00 p.m.
    3/24 – vs. UMBC*, 3:00 p.m.
    3/25 – vs. UMBC*, 12:00 p.m.
    3/26 – vs. UMBC*, 12:00 p.m.
    3/28 – at UMass, 3:00 p.m.
    3/31 – at NJIT*, TBA

April
    4/1 – at NJIT*, TBA
    4/2 – at NJIT*, TBA
    4/4 – at Marist, 3:00 p.m.
    4/7 – at Maine*, 4:00 p.m.
    4/8 – at Maine*, 1:00 p.m.
    4/9 – at Maine*, 12:00 p.m.
    4/14 – vs. UMass Lowell*, 6:00 p.m.
    4/15 – vs. UMass Lowell*, 12:00 p.m.
    4/16 – vs. UMass Lowell*, 12:00 p.m.
    4/18 – vs. Central Connecticut State, 3:00 p.m.
    4/21 – at Bryant*, 3:00 p.m.
    4/22 – at Bryant*, 1:00 p.m.
    4/23 – at Bryant*, 1:00 p.m.
    4/28 – vs. Wagner, 6:00 p.m.
    4/29 – vs. Wagner, 12:00 p.m.
    4/30 – vs. Wagner, 12:00 p.m.

May
    5/2 – vs. Marist, 3:00 p.m.
    5/5 – vs. Binghamton*, 6:00 p.m.
    5/6 – vs. Binghamton*, 12:00 p.m.
    5/7 – vs. Binghamton*, 12:00 p.m.
    5/12 – at UMBC*, 6:00 p.m.
    5/13 – at UMBC*, 2:00 p.m.
    5/14 – at UMBC*, 1:00 p.m.
    5/16 – at Rutgers, 1:00 p.m.
    5/18 – vs. NJIT*, 6:00 p.m.
    5/19 – vs. NJIT*, 12:00 p.m.
    5/20 – vs. NJIT*, 12:00 p.m.
    5/24 – 5/27 – America East Championship

* Denotes America East game

Very odd.  Almost all northeast baseball teams go down to a Southeast US locations for early season tourneys due to bad weather up there.  UA has none this year.  Couldn't get into one?  Couldn't be travel budget because I just saw the womens softball schedule and they are going down twice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not that pre-season predictions mean all that much; but Baseball predicted to finish LAST in 7 team AmEast. Do Not recall a UA team in any sport finishing Last  [except Football in Caa & more than likely basketball this year] since the early  days of D1. With Volleyball not making the AmEast tournament for the first time in the D1 era last fall; just more proof that Benson has decimated UA athletics, pretty much overall.

So they open the season 3 weeks from today at Hofstra. Does Hofstra have a domed stadium? Why do they schedule northeast games in Feb. when you pretty much know you won’t play? I liked watching the early season games down south last year on TV against good teams, and I think it helped our team. Now we have only 14 games OOC before AE play, and they’re all away. Lot’s of “@‘s” on the schedule.  I agree on the worth of pre-season predictions. Having said all this, I’m looking forward to seeing them play at home. Spring time, baseball, optimism! After men’s hoop, it can’t get much worse can it?

• 1 month later...

Strange , LCC's 150 year old baseball coach "retired " in the middle of this season.

Maybe in the future Great Danes can play them at valley cats park. There are a bunch of instances nationally where teams play at the local minor league park. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bob87 said:

Strange , LCC's 150 year old baseball coach "retired " in the middle of this season.

Maybe in the future Great Danes can play them at valley cats park. There are a bunch of instances nationally where teams play at the local minor league park. 

'aints haven't played baseball vs. Albany since 1982. I suppose they could use the excuse that they were Division I since about 1981, but that didn't stop them from playing other lower-division schools occasionally, and says nothing about the last 24 years.

About time...joke that it hasn't happened regularly.  One of the glaring crappy facilities at UA can be found at the baseball and softball fields.  There are D2 and D3 schools in Boston that have better facilities, far better.

Little shocking to me as Vic Cegles was a start baseball player for Rutgers.  Think he'd want to amp that program up.  Per my understanding, the baseball team is very far from fully funded to D1 limits, and has to fundraise regularly.

What Mueller has done with next to zero resources is beyond admirable. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

About time...joke that it hasn't happened regularly.  One of the glaring crappy facilities at UA can be found at the baseball and softball fields.  There are D2 and D3 schools in Boston that have better facilities, far better.

Little shocking to me as Vic Cegles was a start baseball player for Rutgers.  Think he'd want to amp that program up.  Per my understanding, the baseball team is very far from fully funded to D1 limits, and has to fundraise regularly.

What Mueller has done with next to zero resources is beyond admirable. 

Under the March Matchness GDAC Appeal, the goal for Baseball is $10,000.