UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #23: 1/28/23 - 7PM vs Maine

Eli

43 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Don’t you have better things to do than lurk around a 19 year olds Instagram page deciding what he can and can’t post. Sheesh.

Lurking?  ..  Is that what you call following a business, a sports program, a news organization, such as the BBC and an individual who chooses to freely post.  As I stated I was offering an opinion, never stated Aaron could not or should not post what he feels to post. If you were not trying to be such an ________, you might remember that UAlbanysports.com and UAlbany Instagram accounts recommended to fans to follow members of the MBB team via Instagram about 14 or 15 months ago.  Even funnier, that you chose to make such an idiot remark after I have referenced other current and former UAlbany players over the last three years.  Please be real in this era of social media.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Lurking?  ..  Is that what you call following a business, a sports program, a news organization, such as the BBC and an individual who chooses to freely post.  As I stated I was offering an opinion, never stated Aaron could not or should not post what he feels to post. If you were not trying to be such an ________, you might remember that UAlbanysports.com and UAlbany Instagram accounts recommended to fans to follow members of the MBB team via Instagram about 14 or 15 months ago.  Even funnier, that you chose to make such an idiot remark after I have referenced other current and former UAlbany players over the last three years.  Please be real in this era of social media.

Lurker. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Lurker. 

Perhaps, you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself, "What brings me to the Big Purple Fan Forum."  You have a double standard as you have never call anyone else out for their references to an athlete's Facebook postings, which happen here on nearly daily basis.

If you just do not care for my postings, just say it.  My feelings are not going to be hurt.

On 1/30/2023 at 6:50 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Why didn't Davis play? Because he just hasn't been good in conference play, which is where most of us thought he would perform well with the level of competition.

I know Davis hasn't played well. I'm just curious why you would leave a healthy guard bolted to the bench when we're playing Drumgoole a gazillion minutes a game.

Edmead is (I think) still playing with a broken finger so I'm cutting him some slack.

10 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I know Davis hasn't played well. I'm just curious why you would leave a healthy guard bolted to the bench when we're playing Drumgoole a gazillion minutes a game.

Edmead is (I think) still playing with a broken finger so I'm cutting him some slack.

As been the case recently, Killings remains vague or provides little explanation  of a player's absence from a game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 1:26 PM, UA'08 said:

Lurker. 

After today's article in today's Times - Union, I want to make one thing clear ... I have never DM any of our current and/or former UAlbany athletes and I have unfollowed Reddish's Instagram account as I had previously unfollowed all other MBB team members accounts last summer.  Apparently, I missed Reddish's account, so when he finally posted something, I saw the posting.  

The reality is that I only care about is that our players are getting a good education and having the best possible experience on the BB court ... as they are student-athletes.  

I think you are referring to this: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/siena-basketball-coach-defends-players-online-17772311.php?IPID=Times-Union-sports-spotlight

This is partially why I try to remain as positive as possible in any posts about the players. While I truly feel we have way more talent than the record shows, and I'm fine with critiques of performances, I try to refrain from anything directly putting down someone who goes to battle with the UA logo on their chest everyday. Coaches and administration are fair game. They are paid well, supported by our taxes at SUNY and the tickets we buy.  Students chose to come here and put their futures on the line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

I think you are referring to this: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/siena-basketball-coach-defends-players-online-17772311.php?IPID=Times-Union-sports-spotlight

This is partially why I try to remain as positive as possible in any posts about the players. While I truly feel we have way more talent than the record shows, and I'm fine with critiques of performances, I try to refrain from anything directly putting down someone who goes to battle with the UA logo on their chest everyday. Coaches and administration are fair game. They are paid well, supported by our taxes at SUNY and the tickets we buy.  Students chose to come here and put their futures on the line. 

While I pretty much agree 100%; SADLY your last line "Students chose to come here and put their futures on the line." ; IMHO not as true as it use to be. With NLI,  and the Transfer Portal being such an easy escape clause, and power 5's recruiting the best & the "brightest" from the lesser conferences; the college sports world has certainly changed the image of "student athlete." NOT saying they should be open to abuse of any kind; but as "quasi" professionals, maybe it is fair players/"kids" should get some of the blame or criticism when a "team" does not perform to expectations??

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

While I pretty much agree 100%; SADLY your last line "Students chose to come here and put their futures on the line." ; IMHO not as true as it use to be. With NLI,  and the Transfer Portal being such an easy escape clause, and power 5's recruiting the best & the "brightest" from the lesser conferences; the college sports world has certainly changed the image of "student athlete." NOT saying they should be open to abuse of any kind; but as "quasi" professionals, maybe it is fair players/"kids" should get some of the blame or criticism when a "team" does not perform to expectations??

I'm honestly torn on the subject. This is why I said critique of play should be in bounds. I mean while they choose to come here and we want our players to feel our love and the purplefam, we are also paying good money through season tickets and merchandise and ESPN+ etc, while they are getting a free education and an opportunity at NLI money. 

Definitely cuts both ways. I just don't want angry fans, social media, and a message board to be the reason a player leaves or doesn't come. 

• Like 1