UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #24: 2/1/23 - 6PM at UMass-Lowell

Eli

11 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I'm sorry it needs to be said.  They really suck.  Everyone has to leave except Beagle and Neely.  Everyone! They are laughable on offense.  They are even more laughable of defense (if that's even possible). Worse team in almost 20 years.  Disgusting.  

Partially Disagree. Reddish is having a pretty good season as well. I like the core of Reddish/Beagle/Neely/Jackson for next season assuming they all stay. 

Little and Amica deserve a shot as well. Not sure if either can be anything after all these injuries, but both profile well. Drumgoole is listed as a Sr, but I think he has a year left if he wants it. The rest of the team seems like bench/role players at the moment. 

Hutch/Patel/Davis are all definitely gone due to graduation/eligibility. There are 3 recruits already signed for next season.

That leaves: Edmead, Ketner, Kellogg, and Drumgoole to make a decision on. There is an open scholarship from when Shafer left, so if that goes to Jackson, there are those 4 potential spots to find some talent that wants to help win with a brand new SEFCU arena. Hopefully Drumgoole stays, leaving space for 3 transfers.

My mindset:

Beagle / Jackson / Reddish / Neely / Drumgoole seems like a strong starting lineup. 

Bench: Little / Amica / Adnan / Margoupis / Robinson

Questions / Open to Transfer and recruit over: Ketner / Kellogg / Edmead

I'll show loyalty to Amica and Little as neither have had a real chance to prove themselves and both took a chance on UA. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

2022-23 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 6-2 .750 12-10 .545 W4
New Hampshire 6-3 .667 11-10 .524 W3
UMass Lowell 6-4 .600 18-6 .750 W1
Bryant 5-4 .556 14-8 .636 W1
UMBC 5-4 .556 15-9 .625 W1
Binghamton 5-4 .556 9-13 .409 L1
NJIT 3-5 .375 6-15 .286 L1
Maine 3-6 .333 9-13 .409 L1
UAlbany 1-8 .111 6-18 .250 L6

22 minutes ago, cwdickens said:
2022-23 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 6-2 .750 12-10 .545 W4
New Hampshire 6-3 .667 11-10 .524 W3
UMass Lowell 6-4 .600 18-6 .750 W1
Bryant 5-4 .556 14-8 .636 W1
UMBC 5-4 .556 15-9 .625 W1
Binghamton 5-4 .556 9-13 .409 L1
NJIT 3-5 .375 6-15 .286 L1
Maine 3-6 .333 9-13 .409 L1
UAlbany 1-8 .111 6-18 .250 L6

Mentality!!!!

55 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Partially Disagree. Reddish is having a pretty good season as well. I like the core of Reddish/Beagle/Neely/Jackson for next season assuming they all stay. 

Little and Amica deserve a shot as well. Not sure if either can be anything after all these injuries, but both profile well. Drumgoole is listed as a Sr, but I think he has a year left if he wants it. The rest of the team seems like bench/role players at the moment. 

Hutch/Patel/Davis are all definitely gone due to graduation/eligibility. There are 3 recruits already signed for next season.

That leaves: Edmead, Ketner, Kellogg, and Drumgoole to make a decision on. There is an open scholarship from when Shafer left, so if that goes to Jackson, there are those 4 potential spots to find some talent that wants to help win with a brand new SEFCU arena. Hopefully Drumgoole stays, leaving space for 3 transfers.

My mindset:

Beagle / Jackson / Reddish / Neely / Drumgoole seems like a strong starting lineup. 

I'll show loyalty to Amica and Little as neither have had a real chance to prove themselves and both took a chance on UA. 

Your perptual positivity in the face of DAMNING evidence saying otherwise is...I'm not sure if commendable or crazy lol.

You want 75% of this team back? WHY?

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Pretty much agree. Reddish is a head case and I'm "not sure" if DK has the skills/mentality to rein him in? Roger Wyland commented down the stretch yesterday that Drumgoole is done this year and just trying his hardest to carry the team and go out strong [not sure if Wyland has all the facts right--seems Drum has another year of eligibility?] Agree Amica & Little deserve a chance. Jackson IMHO with a better supporting cast; experience and freshman jitters torn from him by this season's awful squad; is going to be fine next year and beyond {ps needs to work on his outside shot.} 

Everyone else & possibly Reddish good buy and good luck!

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Your perptual positivity in the face of DAMNING evidence saying otherwise is...I'm not sure if commendable or crazy lol.

You want 75% of this team back? WHY?

Not sure that's the case. I really like 5 players, and I'll give a shot to 2 that haven't played. 3 are definitely gone to graduation/eligibility. 

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

My mindset:

I like Neely as much as the next guy but you're starting lineup next year is the same as this year plus Neely and you're going w/ "seems like a strong starting lineup"?  That lineup (minus Neely) has produced one of the worst teams in the country.  Add to it a bench that has played how many minutes of D1 BB this year?  The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.  Sorry but that lineup is only marginally better than this years lineup which is plain awful.  Nobody in that lineup can shoot from more than 12 feet from the basket w/ any consistency (unless you count consistently poor).  We better hit the lottery w/ a transfer or a stud recruit or were in for the bottom third of the conference again next year.

Edited by McFan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McFan said:

I like Neely as much as the next guy but you're starting lineup next year is the same as this year plus Neely and you're going w/ "seems like a strong starting lineup"?  That lineup (minus Neely) has produced one of the worst teams in the country.  Add to it a bench that has played how many minutes of D1 BB this year?  The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.  Sorry but that lineup is only marginally better than this years lineup which is plain awful.  Nobody in that lineup can shoot from more than 12 feet from the basket w/ any consistency (unless you count consistently poor).  We better hit the lottery w/ a transfer or a stud recruit or were in for the bottom third of the conference again next year.

Reddish is shooting 37% from 3 on the year (52% in conference games with 12-23)

Jackson is at 50% on the year from 3 in conference games. (3 for 6) and is only a freshman. He will improve. 

Beagle is at 50% as well, albeit only 1-2.

Drumgoole can shoot, but he's been killing the team this year with volume (29% / 21-72 in conference). I'd argue his performance would be significantly better if he had less minutes and wasn't forced to try to carry the team.  

I am most definitely too positive on our team based on the results,  but I don't think we are really that far off. Need to focus on getting a defensive minded guard and forward in the portal if in fact a few spots open up, and need the coaching staff to actually institute a defensive and offensive system different than whatever this is that they are playing today. Either it doesn't work, or doesn't work with the bodies we have.

3 recruits coming in that look talented, and hopefully a few spots opening from some other players moving on.

Edited by godanesgo99