UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 2022-2023 Season Over

Well, four more teams, in the America East, are saying, "the season is over":

Saturday, March 4, 2023 Men's Basketball
  Away Home Result Location Links

BryantBryant60

Final
Durham, NH Box Score Live Event

MaineMaine54

Final
Lowell, MA Box Score

UMBCUMBC65

Final
Baltimore, MD Box Score Full Game Archive

NJITNJIT57

Final
Burlington, VT Box Score Full Game Archive

13 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Report on Samurai Hoops

Samurai Sources tell The Dojo…

Albany is expected to part ways with HC Dwayne Killings. Official announcement expected by Monday

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1632413406144913409

Wooohoooo! But this also increases the likelihood that we lose Beagle. Players tend to follow coaches. 

22 minutes ago, Eli said:

Wooohoooo! But this also increases the likelihood that we lose Beagle. Players tend to follow coaches. 

But do they follow coaches who are likely to become an assistant?

He may go for somebody else if he doesn't like the new guy, but I don't think DK will be a head coach for a while.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eli said:

Absolutely not. The right hire will keep him.  My picks in order:

Tobin Anderson 

Joe Gallo

Brent Wilson 

Ted Hotaling 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Someone tweeted that they should go after Ted Hoatling, former Great Dane, part of that 1993 great team under Doc.  Has done pretty well at New Haven as a head coach, the D2 school.

That was me.  He’s no. 4 on my list.  

11 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Absolutely not. The right hire will keep him.  My picks in order:

Tobin Anderson 

Joe Gallo

Brent Wilson 

Ted Hotaling 

Question is are any of these people going to want to really work under Benson or Vic? I think the cat's out of the bag on both of them at this point. Obviously some applicants are going to want a D1 head coaching job but the athletic administration is a dumpster fire do they want to step foot into that. We'll see hopefully they get a good candidate!

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

Question is are any of these people going to want to really work under Benson or Vic? I think the cat's out of the bag on both of them at this point. Obviously some applicants are going to want a D1 head coaching job but the athletic administration is a dumpster fire do they want to step foot into that. We'll see hopefully they get a good candidate!

The answer is yes if the answer to their question of “what have you leaned from you last hiring process” is answered correctly. Gotten remember, today benson does throw cash at the hoops program. So that won’t be an issue. Are we highly funded. No.  But we are near our peers. And a guy like Anderson is someone that can survive an ad change If benson ever left.  400k reasons to come to Albany. 

32 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Killings tweeted about Albany 2 hours ago.  Maybe true , maybe not. I don't want to say what I want until he gets fired but I thought it was a good hire when it happened. 

Saw that tweet.  Also think this is out there a bit.  But a lot of coaches in three leagues have been talking about this for a day or so.  However, that can be just recruiting shenanigans 

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Saw that tweet.  Also think this is out there a bit.  But a lot of coaches in three leagues have been talking about this for a day or so.  However, that can be just recruiting shenanigans 

I do not quiet understand what is being said here, but if Killings is fired they need to find a coach who has been WINNING.  Either a head coach or a top assistant. Killings appeared to be a good hire at the time but he was a loser. None of his assistant jobs ever really won. Need to find a coach who consistently goes to the ncaa tournament or a good head coach.  I know you disagree be we will probably lose both Neely and Beagle . It is what it is . 

was typing from my phone.  Sorry.  What i meant was, coaches in three different NE and Mid-Atlantic conferences have been talking about Albany-Killings being done for a few days now.  This could be fact or them trying to stir up the nest in a recruiting ploy.

Beagle needs another year.  He is definitely a 7-8 guy at an A-10 school...but another year gets him into potential rotation play.  He's gone at some point.  Neely, coming off an ACL, is a tougher sell...AE rookie of year or not.  He's an undersized 3/4.

I think a guy like Tobin could get both to stay. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1