UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 2022-2023 Season Over

Well, there goes next season. I don't blame the kid for moving on. Has to be hard being the best player on a team that doesn't even make the AE playoffs when you know you could be starring in the A10 or bigger league, or be an up an coming star in a P5 conference. 

Maybe this means that there is truth to Killings taking the assistant role at another school. I really thought we would get at least a year two to watch him develop, help usher in the renovated arena, and help bring the program back to where it should be.

Either way, this one hurts more than Cremo and Nichols moving on, as they both graduated and used it as an opportunity to play in the big time after giving UA multiple years. Beagle gave us nothing but a ROY trophy and a $&itty team to complain about.

While I still consider Cremo and Nichols as part of #purplefam, I'm not sure I will ever see Beagle that way if he does end up leaving. Obviously he still could return after testing the waters and trying for one more year to bring UA to the dance and be a legend here, but that almost never happens once someone joins the portal.

Good Luck Mr. Beagle. Reach your NBA dreams.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

I fully expect Killings to go to Villanova now...and I do think we will have a complete rebuild on our hands. Killings can rehab his career and make more money at Villanova than at UA.  

If this does happen:

Tobin Anderson- may have coached his way to a much higher league.

Ted Hotaling- MAKE THE Binging CALL if Tobin is not available.  Guy bleeds purple and just got New Haven into the Elite 8.  He does so much with so little. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Well, there goes next season. I don't blame the kid for moving on. Has to be hard being the best player on a team that doesn't even make the AE playoffs when you know you could be starring in the A10 or bigger league, or be an up an coming star in a P5 conference. 

Maybe this means that there is truth to Killings taking the assistant role at another school. I really thought we would get at least a year two to watch him develop, help usher in the renovated arena, and help bring the program back to where it should be.

Either way, this one hurts more than Cremo and Nichols moving on, as they both graduated and used it as an opportunity to play in the big time after giving UA multiple years. Beagle gave us nothing but a ROY trophy and a $&itty team to complain about.

While I still consider Cremo and Nichols as part of #purplefam, I'm not sure I will ever see Beagle that way if he does end up leaving. Obviously he still could return after testing the waters and trying for one more year to bring UA to the dance and be a legend here, but that almost never happens once someone joins the portal.

Good Luck Mr. Beagle. Reach your NBA dreams.

He's not returning dude...it's over. 

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I fully expect Killings to go to Villanova now...and I do think we will have a complete rebuild on our hands. Killings can rehab his career and make more money at Villanova than at UA.  

If this does happen:

Tobin Anderson- may have coached his way to a much higher league.

Ted Hotaling- MAKE THE Binging CALL if Tobin is not available.  Guy bleeds purple and just got New Haven into the Elite 8.  He does so much with so little. 

We need a coach...a person w/ an UAlbany connection ... I hope Hotaling will throw his hat in the ring, if Killings leaves.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

17 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Rumor has it that the case in Kentucky has been adjudicated...

Interesting, since a published news article stated Killing's defense team had requested no court dates until next week at the earliest as not to interfere any potential post season games.

Edited by cwdickens

9 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Interesting, since published new article stated Killimg's defense team had requested no court dates until next week at the earliest as not to interfere any potential post season games.

Killing’s defense team has WAY more confidence in him than we do. To quote Mora: “Playoffs??”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, statefan said:

Yep, the deal was reached in advance.  Today was performative, procedurally speaking.   It's a total nothing burger outcome, a nuisance to all...and the least impactful.  Solid outcome for Killings. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Yep, the deal was reached in advance.  Today was performative, procedurally speaking.   It's a total nothing burger outcome, a nuisance to all...and the least impactful.  Solid outcome for Killings. 

What was the solid outcome? This is behind the Times Useless paywall.