UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 5 Mar 11 (Sat) 12:00 PM Albany, N.Y. Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

12 hours ago, dslyank said:

Maryland 16 goals 12 assisted. UA 9 goals ONLY 2 assisted. D on field way too long.  Otherwise UA getting better every game. Maryland no longer invincible; but still has too many weapons for the likes of UA.

Next two weeks will show if the supper tough schedule was worth it. Must not play down to the competition vs Umass—must dominate. And absolutely must go up to Vermont in two weeks, and show them who’s boss. 

I appreciate Coach Marr's mindset regarding the schedule, but I don't like it. Before the season I would have said 2-3 was the most likely outcome, 3-2 would have been outperforming, so 1-4 while not horrible isn't great. You have to win games and learn how to win, not just compete against better teams. The AE looks pretty wide open. UVM has been stumbling and it looks like the bottom has gotten better, but not very strong at the top. There has definitely been some improvement, but until we beat UVM the AE goes through them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I appreciate Coach Marr's mindset regarding the schedule, but I don't like it. Before the season I would have said 2-3 was the most likely outcome, 3-2 would have been outperforming, so 1-4 while not horrible isn't great. You have to win games and learn how to win, not just compete against better teams. The AE looks pretty wide open. UVM has been stumbling and it looks like the bottom has gotten better, but not very strong at the top. There has definitely been some improvement, but until we beat UVM the AE goes through them.

I agree, tough schedules can be good for team bonding if you win or bad for team frustrations if you lose.  I think Marr should also look at his horses he has for the next season as he schedules.  For example, in 2018 he had All Americans Fields and Nantihote among others playing so they were able to beat Cuse, Cornell, and march down to #2 Maryland and beat them as the #1 team for 7 weeks.  If he doesn't have nationally praised stars( and I don't see any as of now) on next years team, ease up on the schedule a bit.  

3 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

I agree, tough schedules can be good for team bonding if you win or bad for team frustrations if you lose

I also am conflicted about playing such a tough schedule; especially with a very young team. We lost by 2, 3, & 7 (within 2 twice going into the 4th qtr) against a pair of top 5's and a top 15. Line from the movie "The Natural" --"losing is a disease." The trouble with "moral victories" mentioned above, can they be the vaccine that prevents the disease from spreading down the road; or like the saying goes there is no such thing as a moral victory????🤔

On 3/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, nysteve661 said:

I agree, tough schedules can be good for team bonding if you win or bad for team frustrations if you lose.  I think Marr should also look at his horses he has for the next season as he schedules.  For example, in 2018 he had All Americans Fields and Nantihote among others playing so they were able to beat Cuse, Cornell, and march down to #2 Maryland and beat them as the #1 team for 7 weeks.  If he doesn't have nationally praised stars( and I don't see any as of now) on next years team, ease up on the schedule a bit.  

Don't disagree.  BUt let's watch the freshman who started this past weekend,  Couple really good ones....... Silas Richmond is the real deal.  Got some good ones coming in too.   I always try to stay positive.   The next two weeks could tell us how the league goes...

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

Silas got shut-out vs Maryland. First game without a goal & has no assists at all so far [seems to be a team wide issue--Hogg also with 0 assists;]  but I agree Silas is going to be a good one.

Not sure about Kesselring. I keep hearing how fast he is and what a good dodger; but has only 3 assist and no goals, even though he gets A LOT of minutes as the fourth attack. Also small and @ 135lbs gets pushed around and down a lot. Hopefully, in AmEast where the D's should not be as strong as what we've seen so far, maybe he will shine??

Edited by dslyank

In earlier comment on strength of schedule; forgot to mention Drexel getting top 30 votes after they beat #10 St. Joes. Umass out of top 20 but still getting votes. So officially every opponent played so far this year top 30 minimally; and other than Drexel top 20 with 2 in top 5.