UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfer Portal- MBB Targets / Interest / Offers / Signees 2023

ps. Does Beagle going to lcc make any sense at any level at all. If trying to escape a house un-fire, don’t you get as far away as humanly possible? 
And if it’s to get more exposure & better competition & better pro prospects, don’t you step up as far as possible? Lcc & the macc, may not be as “lowly” as some think (sorry Bob); but it most certainly is NOT major or even a much of a step above the AmEast.

Edited by dslyank

23 minutes ago, dslyank said:

ps. Does Beagle going to lcc make any sense at any level at all. If trying to escape a house un-fire, don’t you get as far away as humanly possible? 
And if it’s to get more exposure & better competition & better pro prospects, don’t you step up as far as possible? Lcc & the macc, may not be as “lowly” as some think (sorry Bob); but it most certainly is NOT major or even a much of a step above the AmEast.

Yes, if he wants to play close to home so mom and dad can make all the home games and some of the away games.  Look at this year's NCAA seedings, the AE has taken a step back and the MAAC has risen a bit. Five or six years ago, the top half of the AE was competitive with the MAAC.   I am of the opinion, the AE is not as competitive with the MAAC at this time.

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

13 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Yes, if he wants to play close to home so mom and dad can make all the home games and some of the away games.  Look at this year's NCAA seedings, the AE has taken a step back and the MAAC has risen a bit. Five or six years ago, the top half of the AE was competitive with the MAAC.   I am of the opinion, the AE is not as competitive with the MAAC at this time.

Agree the maac has pulled ahead of the AmEast (sorry Bob). But it still is NOT enough of a jump to accomplish the goals of getting better against tougher competition and looking at a pro career. Not saying cannot be done; but neither the AmEast or maac are stepping stones to the pros. Plus, another stated goal is play in the "tournament". Both are still and probably always will be ONE BID conferences. lcc finished fourth with two senior BIGS and Stormo all league [not sure what level.] They are far from a lock on the show, even if Beagle were to go there. HE NEEDS TO GO HIGHER........

And for playing close to home for his parents, is nonsense. This is a kid who went away for his last two years of high school to get better at basketball. Plenty of DI legit teams within driving distance. Look at Kevin Hueter, Shen kid to Maryland for two years then pros; his parents hardly missed a game. Southwest cheap flights to Baltimore and drive is reasonable. Philly, NYC all basketball hot beds; easy travel options. No idea if Beagle's parent have travel/financial/heath issues, but assume if they could afford two years of private/prep schools, they more then likely do not??

12 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Per the TU, $iena is “definitely in the conversation “, his mom played volleyball in Loudonville

UAlbany freshman Jonathan Beagle enters transfer portal https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/ualbany-men-s-basketball-s-jonathan-beagle-enters-17845650.php

11 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Agree the maac has pulled ahead of the AmEast (sorry Bob). But it still is NOT enough of a jump to accomplish the goals of getting better against tougher competition and looking at a pro career. Not saying cannot be done; but neither the AmEast or maac are stepping stones to the pros. Plus, another stated goal is play in the "tournament". Both are still and probably always will be ONE BID conferences. lcc finished fourth with two senior BIGS and Stormo all league [not sure what level.] They are far from a lock on the show, even if Beagle were to go there. HE NEEDS TO GO HIGHER........

And for playing close to home for his parents, is nonsense. This is a kid who went away for his last two years of high school to get better at basketball. Plenty of DI legit teams within driving distance. Look at Kevin Hueter, Shen kid to Maryland for two years then pros; his parents hardly missed a game. Southwest cheap flights to Baltimore and drive is reasonable. Philly, NYC all basketball hot beds; easy travel options. No idea if Beagle's parent have travel/financial/heath issues, but assume if they could afford two years of private/prep schools, they more then likely do not??

No D... playing at $iena is not nonsense, it is in the realm of possibilities.  Further, comparing the Hueter and Beagle families is unfair to both families.  Kevin path to the NBA, while not absolute, was attainable.  Beagle's aspirations are likely more modest, like making the NCAA Tournament. 

After a year of dealing with circus surrounding Killing and the UAlbany team, Jonathan and his family is looking for some stability and perhaps the $iena community can offer that however only they know what is on the table.  I could easily see Beagle playing at Syracuse with Girad.  As we know, the environment surround college sports have become fluid, some schools more than others.

I respect your opinion and am in no way trying to compare family situations. Like I said I know nothing about the Beagle family. 
But based on Jonathan’s announcement & family discussion & his stated aspirations (which did Not seem modest),  IMHO absolutely think Beagle needs to go HIGHER. And the TU’s usual biased lcc reporting is a crap shoot at best. 

Edited by dslyank

4 hours ago, alum73 said:

If you chose Albany, competition wasn't your first concern.

I agree completely and I think Jonathan has had re-education about D1 ball and a re-set in what his aspirations are.  I believe a person or persons are assisting the family through the process. I bet teams that Jonathan is interested in have received a very well-crafted video clip of his plays and accomplishments.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

It's all over for St. Francis Brooklyn, college is dropping athletics

https://www.sfc.edu/news/st-francis-college-restructures-to-advance-sfc-forward

May be some worthwhile players there, they were 14-16, though three wins were against Hartford.

I screamed about this for two years...i gave it three, max.  Many told me I was wrong.  This was all but expected...they are basically going to close as a school in a couple of years.

The SFU players can make the jump from 355 to 347 according to KenPom. Why would they want to come to a dumpster fire where the best players are leaving and the head coach is operating under a cloud? Scholly $?