UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

No such thing as a moral victory....

I was sitting at tonights game early in the first half saying this is ugly were were down I thunk 17 and was hoping we would score atleast 10 points in the half.

Low and behold we walk off at half time down only 10, 28-18.

Then the second half started and before you know it we are down 1 with about 30 seconds to go and VT misses the front end of a 1 and 1 and we don't get the rebound they do and we're down 3.

With 10 seconds to go , off an out of bounds play we get an open 3 for Iati and he get it half way down and its out.

Another great effort but another "L".

Courtney Johnson has to be one of the best defenders in the conference. He locked up TJ Sorrentine holding him to 9 pts 2 assts. and causing 7 TOS. Last game he forced Ryan Stys of Hartford into a 2-11 shooting night and 6 points and before that he forced DJ Munir of Stony Brook into a 3-12 shooting night and held him to 8 pts.

Tonight although he only played 9 minutes I thought Todd Martin was a factor he was active DEFENSIVELY and was a factor when we started to make our comeback in the second half.

We may not be pretty and we may not be getting "Ws" but we sure are not embarassing ourselves, these guys besides all their shortcomings don't ever QUIT!

Tonite's effort was one that typified this team - played extremely hard, not intimidated by anyone, and never quit. I, for one, am very proud of this team and certainly look forward to the rest of this season and the bright future they represent. Sure, there's plenty of dissappointment and "rookie" mistakes, but kudos to the players and coaches for making the very best of a tough situation.