UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar Wilson in finishing season in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Jamar Wilson re-signs with Snakes

April 03, 2012, 11:31 AM AEST

By: Cairns Taipans

In a major coup for the Skytrans Cairns Taipans, livewire import point guard Jamar Wilson has signed with the club for the next two seasons.

The announcement took place today at Cairns ZOOm - an exciting new soft adventure attraction scheduled to open in July at the Cairns Wildlife Dome, which is part of the Woodward family CaPTA group.. As part of the Joe Blake Early Bird "Spend to the Cap" contribution, Cairns ZOOm directly assisted in securing Jamar as the point guard for the Taipans for the next two seasons.

Wilson had an outstanding individual season for the Snakes, leading the team in scoring and assists in his first season in Australia and also finished 2nd overall to league MVP Kevin Lisch.

'I'm ecstatic that I am going to be a Taipan and in Cairns for the next two years," said Wilson.

"I fell in love with Cairns the first week I was here."

"The sunshine, the people, the place - and that was even before I got onto the playing court."

Wilson was then asked what he would be looking for to help the team improve in his next 2 seasons in Cairns.

"The club has started to build a fantastic culture - and I want to be a part of that," said Wilson.

"We feel we have unfinished business to attend to, especially after making the Grand Final last season and being one game from playoff contention this season. We not only owe it to ourselves but we owe it to our fans and the city of Cairns as well"

Head Coach of the Skytrans Cairns Taipans Aaron Fearne was rapt about having Wilson sign on the dotted line.

"Jamar played some fantastic basketball this season, and that confirmed by him being runner up for the NBL MVP award," said Fearne.

"He is obviously is a pretty special player and to have him here for another two seasons is fantastic. I believe this team will see a lot of success with Jamar as our point guard."

Wilson was known throughout the NBL as the best closer in the competition, something that coach Fearne believes is a massive advantage and why his signature was such a priority for the club to retain.

"At the back end of tight games, I knew we had the advantage of having him (Wilson) there," said Fearne.

"He did some unbelievable things to keep us in games and to close games for us, that is something a lot of teams don't have in their repertoire."

"He is our go to man in those situations and I feel more than confident to put the ball in his hands if the game is on the line."

General Manager of the Skytrans Cairns Taipans Mark Beecroft agreed with Coach Fearne's statement about Wilson's on court capabilities but also commented on what he brought to the club off the court.

"He has been outstanding for the Club both on and off the court," said Beecroft.

"Jamar's personality, his outlook to basketball, and the excitement he provides the fans with the way he plays - were all fundamental to how we see the Club moving forward with our playing group".

"Jamar is a pleasure to have around and we are all excited that he is going to be here in a Snakes uniform for the next two seasons and we cannot thank Cairns ZOOm enough for assisting us in making this happen."

Archived