UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Off the Court

Now that the seasons are really over, I 'd like to comment on what I consider to be several off the court improvements we've seen this year. To me the best thing is that the athletic administration has responded to some of the questions raised by the fans.

1. IMO, the best improvement was Greg Tobben as the radio announcer. I'm one who generally does not listen to entire games; I listen for a few minutes, turn it off, come back 15 minutes later for a few minutes, etc. But, beginning with the Sacred Heart game, I tended to listen to the entire broadcast of many games. I found Tobben to be attentive to detail , very well prepared, and very easy to listen to. Not to slight Rodger, but the games Tobben did solo were some of the best. I actually think when they work together, they should reverse rolls. I also enjoyed most of the halftime interviews, especially those with Bob Weiner, the Gazette beat reporter.

2. Parking Passes. After a very rocky start, the complaints about the parking system for those who had purchased passes got worked out quickly and were never a problem again. The "VIP" enterance was also a nice addition.

3. Varsity Club and Hall of Fame Room. The addition of beer to the pre-game and halftime fare was much appreciated. I have met and interacted with many more fellow season ticket holders this year than ever before. The mood in the Hall of Fame room was always up-beat and fun. I will really encouage those who have not participated before to join the Varsity Club and/or make the contribution to athletics necessary to be admitted to the Hall of Fame Room. The institution of the Varsity Club was a little rocky, given that it came mid-academic year. I think it will flourish next year with the ability to recruit membership from the beginning of the academic and athletic year.

Edited by statefan