UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Remorse

haggyland

The resurfacing of the wedding-BPG debate reminds me of my fate during the NCAA tournament. Like any Albany student, alum, or fan, I was very excited by the end of year run by the men’s basketball team. The season should have culminated in watching the game versus Connecticut with close friends, but it instead ended with a rehearsal dinner for a wedding in Detroit. To this day I am still not happy I missed the Danes’ efforts that night in Philadelphia.

As an out of town guest to my friend’s wedding, I was invited to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. With a rental car, I became responsible for taking my friends to the dinner, and opting out was not an option. Throughout the dinner my lady friend kept excitedly calling me to give me updates on the game. Finally, after the telephone calls reached a crescendo in the second half, and my table could tell I would go insane if I stayed at the dinner, I excused myself and drove the five miles to an Applebee’s. Being in Detroit, the second half of the Michigan State game was on, but I watched on the ticker as UConn pulled away. After the MSU game ended, I was treated to about 25 seconds of UAlbany play, which was bittersweet at best.

Upset about missing the game, I didn’t feel I could contribute any opinions. One small consolation was that we got to hang around the Bradley team in the Hyatt at the Detroit airport. So, anyways, I have followed the boards anonymously, and now feel ready to contribute. Regarding Siena: As a Yankees fan living in Boston, one of the things that upsets me is that Boston’s baseball fans care almost as much about hating the New York team as they do loving their own team. This type of behavior diminishes the accomplishments of their team and saps energy needed to be fervently dedicated fans to their own players and program.

With my contriteness, there will be more opinions to follow…..

And if anybody has that DVD of the UConn game, I would love to get a copy (even if it will not quite be the same).