UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches vs Cancer

I can't imagine Doc Sauers and Billy Kirsch doing this, but i guess times have changed, and it is certainly a worthy cause:

UALBANY BASKETBALL LENDS HAND TO COACHES VS. CANCER BASKET BALL ON OCT. 27

Albany, N.Y. -- They’re rivals on the hardwood, but Siena’s Fran McCaffery and University at Albany’s Will Brown are teaming up to fight cancer.

The Men’s Basketball head coaches at the area’s two NCAA Division I colleges are co-chairing the first ever American Cancer Society Coaches vs. Cancer Basket Ball in Albany. The event will take place on Friday, October 27, 2006 at the Palace Theatre. Tickets are $100 per person and include an evenings worth of food, drinks and entertainment.

Syracuse Men’s Basketball Head Coach Jim Boeheim and Juli Boeheim will be honored with the first ever Coaches vs. Cancer Inspiration award. Together the Boeheims have helped raised more than $3 million for the fight against cancer in Central New York. They are also the national co-chairs of the Coaches vs. Cancer program.

Erik Kuselias of ESPN Radio will emcee the evening. Mr. Kuselias is the host of the nationally syndicated show The SportsBash, heard afternoons locally on 1300 The Team WTMM-AM from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The SportsBash will be broadcast to a nationwide audience live from the Palace Theatre the day of the Basket Ball.

“My father passed away from cancer making Coaches vs. Cancer especially meaningful to me,” Siena College men’s basketball coach Fran McCaffery said. “I am proud of the coaching profession’s involvement and commitment to fight this deadly disease through Coaches vs. Cancer. While I have been involved with the project in the past, I am excited that we are planning such a large fundraising event here. I think fans are going to enjoy the program and it’s great that our local ‘rival’ (UAlbany) has become our teammate to battle cancer.”

"The University at Albany and its men's basketball program are excited to be involved with Coaches vs. Cancer,” said University at Albany men’s basketball coach Will Brown. We are proud to help support a great cause and at the same time fight such a deadly disease. Our hope is that other programs throughout the region and across the nation will also get involved."

“Coaches vs. Cancer shows us, no matter what school you’re affiliated with, there are no rivals in cancer,” added Karen Carpenter Palumbo, regional vice president of the American Cancer Society. “I’d like to thank both Coach McCaffery and Coach Brown for making this event possible and invite all local basketball fans to join us at the Coaches vs. Cancer Basket Ball. It will be a great night of fun, food, entertainment and fighting cancer with some of the biggest names in local college basketball.”

For more information or to reserve tickets call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-ACS-2345. The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service. For more information about the American Cancer Society, call 1-800-ACS-2345 or visit our website at www.cancer.org.