UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 inarow

In The Dance 2 years in a row is no small achievement for any mid-major. Especially when you haven't even been D1 for 10 years. Think about it. Danes fans aren't feeling so good right now, but when everything sinks in and the pain goes away (May for some, June for others) you'll be able to step back and look at your program. You were lucky to have some top-notch people land in Albany who helped this program exceed everyone's expectations. I remember yesteryear when you guys were a local punchline. No more. You are a solid D1 basketball team. And successful. Congrats on a solid run the last couple years and a shout out to J. Wilson who seems like such a class individual and likeable guy. He'll be a winner wherever he goes.

In The Dance 2 years in a row is no small achievement for any mid-major. Especially when you haven't even been D1 for 10 years. Think about it. Danes fans aren't feeling so good right now, but when everything sinks in and the pain goes away (May for some, June for others) you'll be able to step back and look at your program. You were lucky to have some top-notch people land in Albany who helped this program exceed everyone's expectations. I remember yesteryear when you guys were a local punchline. No more. You are a solid D1 basketball team. And successful. Congrats on a solid run the last couple years and a shout out to J. Wilson who seems like such a class individual and likeable guy. He'll be a winner wherever he goes.

Thank you for the kind comments. You are much more sensible and objective than some of the Siena fans we see on here! I think we'll have exciting basketball in this area for years to come. Not just in Siena and UAlbany, but we should all remember that UMASS and Marist are also very close by (maybe an hour from Albany?). I would love to see a Thanksgiving tournament or something to that effect with area teams from different conferences (UMASS, Siena, UAlbany, Marist, and maybe some of the teams from the Buffalo area, including SUNY Buffalo!). Hmm, maybe these teams: UAlbany (AE), Siena (MAAC), UMASS (A-10), Marist (MAAC), Buffalo (MAC), etc. Any thoughts? A possibility?

Thank you for the kind comments. You are much more sensible and objective than some of the Siena fans we see on here! I think we'll have exciting basketball in this area for years to come. Not just in Siena and UAlbany, but we should all remember that UMASS and Marist are also very close by (maybe an hour from Albany?). I would love to see a Thanksgiving tournament or something to that effect with area teams from different conferences (UMASS, Siena, UAlbany, Marist, and maybe some of the teams from the Buffalo area, including SUNY Buffalo!). Hmm, maybe these teams: UAlbany (AE), Siena (MAAC), UMASS (A-10), Marist (MAAC), Buffalo (MAC), etc. Any thoughts? A possibility?

Great idea. I wish there was a chance it would ever happen. In Albany, I think we'd get 10+. Buffalo....????

Great idea. I wish there was a chance it would ever happen. In Albany, I think we'd get 10+. Buffalo....????

Yeah, I just threw in Buffalo because I'd love to see them come to Albany and because they are the one SUNY school that we don't see in the America East during the regular season (though I am glad that one of the SUNY schools plays in another conference, especially the MAC, because it enhances SUNY's visibility in the midwest; if Stonybrook, for example, ever jumped ship to the A-10, I would be okay with that for the same reason).

Back to Buffalo, Siena played them this year, and I hope that UA gets a crack at them at the Division I level. UB has its Alumni Arena --- a nice basketball venue, I might add --- and a fairly good team, though I think they had a tough year this year in the MAC. Some of us may recall how UB (Buffalo) would have been the first SUNY school to make it to the tournament about 2 years ago had they stopped Ohio U. (I think it was Ohio) on its last possession in the Tournament finals! As a UB alum. as well, that one hurt ... .

Archived