UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches vs Cancer

Just a note to say that yesterday I received my invitation to this year's Coaches v Cancer Basket Ball event to benefit the American Cancer Society at the Palace Fri night November 2nd. We went to last year's inaugural event and we really enjoyed ourselves.... as my "handle" might suggest I particularly enjoyed having the opportunity to have my two favorite coaches Will Brown and Jim Boeheim in the same place at the same time. This year's guest honoree will be St Joe's head coach Phil Martelli.

I am sure that most if not all Dane season ticket holders received invites to the event which features some great food, open bar, a cool silent auction, door prizes and classy live entertainment, this year its Jerry Stiller. In addition, Will and Fran McCaffery, the event's cochairs will get up and speak about their team's respective outlooks. Last year the coaches also had receiving lines with their wives during cocktails so you get a chance to chat with Will and Mrs.Brown and even Coach McCaffery if you so desire.

I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone on this board that the cause for this fundraiser is indeed an excellent one...cancer touches all of our lives in someway...I know it has for me anyway....tickets are by no means cheap at $100 but they are tax deductible which means that it costs those of us that file a long form tax return $65 or so "net"...that's not really too bad for an entire evening of food, drink and entertainment....the event's not that terribly formal....."cocktail attire"..."Ms Orange Dane" and yours truly are certainly not "grandees of Albany society" by any means and we found that we had a nice time....heck when its showtime the waiters came out to the audience with the beverages...you can't beat that!! But fellow Danes fans, beyond the fun you can have and the money that you can help raise, here's something that should motivate many of you that frequent this board....I gotta be honest and say that last year's event was attended in pretty overwhelming numbers by the Siena folks...we were way, way, WAY underrepresented....so...lets show our support for the Danes, for Will and for a good cause and if you can swing it...please try to make it...for more info or to purchase tickets call the American Cancer Society on Osborne Road at 1-800-ACS-2345.

Archived