UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A conversation with UAlbany football coach Bob Ford

Didn't see it online. Page 2 of today's Times-Union

"I had pretty much promised the seniors a championship this year...I enjoyed every one of them."

The Gridiron Classic: "Any time you have a playoff system you're only going to have one guy standing at the end...that last game is the taste you're going to have in your mouth"

Still be coaching in the new stadium? "I don't even know when they are going to put the shovel in the ground. If they broke ground tomorrow and we were in it by 2009, there is a possibility I would still be here."

Retirement? "It's impossible not to think about it as you get older in life. Bt if you were to ask me if I have set a date, no, I have not done that."

Biggest difference in kids today from 38 years ago? ""the first time we went on a plane ride to an NCAA playoff game, I don't know when it was," (1977) "I would say 80 percent of the kids had never been on a plane before. When we took off, the kids all applauded the captain. Nowadays, we don't have a kid who hasn't been on a plane. And half of them have been to Europe."

Archived