UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Entries for Singelais's Blog

Here are two excerpts from Mark Singelais' blog on tomorrow's game against Duke.

The link: http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6

The entries:

"Duke’s Thomas out against UAlbany

December 16, 2007 at 6:22 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

Duke starting forward Lance Thomas, a 6-foot-8 sophomore, didn’t practice on Sunday because of a right ankle sprain and won’t play against UAlbany. He’s replaced in the probable starting lineup by 7-1 sophomore center Brian Zoubek.

"Thomas is averaging 5.3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while shooting 57.1 percent from the floor.

"Thomas’ absence means the Blue Devils will only have seven former McDonald’s All-Americans available against the Great Danes. That’s right, seven. Yikes.

"Posted in General, UAlbany, Men's basketball"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Duke’s take on the UAlbany game

"December 16, 2007 at 2:41 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

Greetings from the media room at Cameron Indoor Stadium, located next to the court where the UAlbany men’s basketball team is practicing as I write this. I was happy to be able to catch an early-morning flight out of Albany despite the storm.

"As you might imagine, Cameron is an impressive place. Watching Duke games on television doesn’t really do justice to how close the stands are to the court. UAlbany sports information director Brian DePasquale said it reminded him of Philadelphia’s Palestra, where the Great Danes practiced two years ago before their NCAA Tournament game against Connecticut.

"Anyway, Duke made senior guard DeMarcus Nelson and junior guard Greg Paulus available to the media early this afternoon. Here are a few comments from both.

"DeMarcus Nelson

"On what he knows about UAlbany: 'They’re a good team. They’re a team used to winning, an NCAA (Tournament) team. They’ve got some good players on the team. They look to really run their system and get things out of their sets. It’s going to be a challenge defending them.'

"On whether Duke will look to pressure turnover-prone UAlbany: 'That’s what we do, period, no matter who our opponent is. We’re going to look to pressure and look to get up and contest (shots). It doesn’t make a difference if it’s Albany or anybody else.'

"On Duke’s final exams ending today: 'It’s nice, especially to not have to study and worry about classes. Stay up late and worry about things like that. You try to get back to just concentrating on ball. Not that school isn’t important, but everyone knows the struggles of finals … It’s a good thing that after today we’ll have everyone done with it.'

"On the wild atmosphere UAlbany will encounter at Cameron on Monday: 'Until you step on the court and you play in Cameron, you don’t know what the experience is like. It’s a very exciting atmosphere to play in, a hard atmosphere to play in for opponents, and we expect it to be like that tomorrow.'”

"Greg Paulus

"On whether Paulus, a Syracuse native, knows the UAlbany program: 'I didn’t play against any of (the Great Danes), but we’d go up to Albany all the time and play in those (AAU) tournaments. We had some great games against some teams like the (Albany) City Rocks in AAU. It’s a couple of hours away, and I’m sure they’ll be ready to go.'

"On how Duke will focus on UAlbany with an upcoming game vs. Pittsburgh at Madison Square Garden on Thursday: 'We treat every game the same, no matter who we’re playing, whether it’s home or away. The preparation is still the same. I learned that when I got here. Coach (Mike Krzyzewski) sets that kind of example. We take everybody the same.'”

Archived