UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Promoting #12 UAlbany Men's Lacrosse

Anyone know if the University intends on publicizing the Men's Lacross team?

For God's sake, they are ranked #12 in the preseason, they are a final four pick, and they were ranked #2 in the nation for half the season last year.... I really hope the WORD gets out soon, and in a big, big way.

Season Opener:

University of Albany Lacrosse vs. National Champion Johns Hopkins to be televised on ESPNU

Day: Saturday

Date: Feb. 23, 2008

Time: 12:00 p.m. ET

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2008/01/ualb...l-champion.html

Inside Lacrosse's Division I 2008 Final Four pick

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007/12/univ...s-lacrosse.html

The kind of advertising I would like to see is the local tv stations, espn, etc... and on radio.

Also, I think the University needs to pump this ON CAMPUS, and attract as many students as humanly possible.

DR. M wrote me last month stating that the athletic department is intending to have 3000 seats in place for the season home-opener. I assume it will be temporary bleachers, as he said it was not part of the 2010 plan.

We have a team that beat the National Champion last year.

We have the National Coach of the Year.

We were in the Elite Eight in the National Championship tourny

We need to let people know about this.

This game information was sent out just today as a news release by the University. I've seen the season's home games listed online as top on-campus events for students for the spring semester.

I assume you graduated already, but not too long ago.

Being a recent student on campus, have any ideas on how the University could really pump the team on campus, get students excited, and get the word out to almost all of the students???

Archived