UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Magazine Recognizes Big Purple Fans Website

UA_MA_2000

My apologies if this topic was already noted in another thread, but as I read through the Winter 2008 edition of the "University at Albany Magazine," I couldn't help but take a pleasing note of the column written --- under the Magazine's section "Alumni News and Notes" --- by Lee Serravillo, Executive Director of the UAlbany Alumni Association.

Lee's column, entitled Warning: Read at your own risk!, does a great job of illustrating and advertising the ways in which alumni can "create and share their own content with one another through various online tools and discussion forums." Serravillo, Lee, UAlbany Magazine, at 33 (Winter 2008). In addition to highlighting an alumnus's or alumna's ability to login to www.albany.edu/alumni in order to "find a classmate, use the Career Center, [and] get a permanent e-mail address," the Column reveals the ability of students --- and, now, "anyone," including the UAlbany Alumni Association --- to expand one's professional network. Id.

The Column also describes a professional networking tool called "LinkedIn," see www.linkedin.com, whereby a user may "invite fellow UAlbany alumni" and "expand [one's] professional network." Id.

And, finally, Lee's Column discusses this forum, Big Purple Fans, stating in haec verba: "With the rise of the UAlbany Division One Athletics' program there is even a 'Cyber Home of UAlbany Great Danes Fans' (www.bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com)." Id. (emphasis in bold supplied).

Way to go!! :)

Archived