UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

EOP under investigation

UAalum72

I'm am so worried about Bruno stepping down and the senate falling to democratic rule (not because of political affiliation but because I fear that that will involve greater spending for downstate NY), that I may very well, sadly, see myself moving to another nearby state in my future (Philly, Boston, Rhode Island, Conn., Jersey, etc.).

If the fears of government pretty much caring about nothing north of the Bear Mountain Bridge become true, it would only make the case for the splitting of the state in two only more real. Problem is would Upstate go for it (knowing that a new state would have a few years of pain to start) and would Downstate want to be without their little tax slaves?

Scrabby, Although I find your views refreshingly progressive, an intra-state civil war -- political, economic, or otherwise -- might not be the answer here.

You mean it already isn't happening? ;). Sure feels like it sometimes since there is an absolute lack of understanding of one by the other, hence the stereotypes that Upstate would become a snow-covered Appalachia or that downstate is the horribly mean and unsafe area. It's this that sets downstate vs. upstate apart from other Alpha City vs. rest-of-the state battles (and some, like Philly [+ Pittsburgh] vs. Pennsylvania, are pretty bad).

Besides, New York isn't as bad as Michigan where Wayne County (and to some extent Ann Arbor and East Lansing) are the ones controlling politics even though the rest of the state is vastly different. The pair of Granholm elections, especially the first where she won only three counties outright, make the NYS GOP's inability to find a viable running mate against Schumer/Clinton/Spitzer look fair.

Archived