UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Covention Reality

danefan

Could the potential demise of the convention center plan in downtown be a benefit to us?

I beleive the project already has $200 million allocated to it. Cutting that may push more funding our way.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=7/29/2008

Personally I think the convention center is a waste of money.

I especially liked this passage from that editorial:

"With the prospect that the state may bail out of the project, Mr. Jennings and the city should waste no time in engaging a planning process to get back to the original goal: Achieve the elusive 24-hour downtown. Remember that? True, there is already a livelier nightlife than there was a dozen years ago, but downtown and its periphery still need a stronger retail and residential presence." (emphases supplied).

Another interesting development dowtown is the apparent and expected (at least in my mind) demise of the Conquest and the Patroons.

I wrote a letter to the editor TU this morning urging Capital Region residents, businessmen and politicians to forget about second-rate professional sports franchises and support the first tier college athletics the area has to offer. For brevity's sake, I specifically highlighted football, basketball, hockey and lacrosse. I also didn't focus on UA only because I think you have more of a chance of getting a letter published if you write Siena in it somewhere. B)

We'll see if it gets published.

I also through a plug for the first UA football home game.

Archived