UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach's Blog

I'm too lazy to summarize. Here is the entry from Coach Brown's blog on Nov. 13:

11.13.08:

We are 24 hours away from the opener. We still have so much to do but so little time. The players have been focused and are excited to open up against a talented team like Villanova. Figuring out the rotation has been the difficult part. I honestly am not sure who is going to start. It really does not matter in my mind. It is more important to figure out who is going to log most of the minutes and who is going to finish games. I think our team is confident but we are playing a very dangerous opponent on Friday night. Jay Wright is one of the best coaches in America and he has a very experienced team who I feel will challenge for a Big East Championship this year.

We have kept it fairly simple with this group. Our emphasis has been to defend, rebound, and get a shot every time down the floor. Our offensive execution needs to improve and we need to get better at paying attention to detail. This is not a surprise with so many new faces. It is going to take some time. We have stressed ball pressure and rebounding defensively and unselfishness and getting shots on the offensive end. I have given this team the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. They have the first 10 seconds to push the basketball and look for an opportunity to get an easy basket. If we have nothing we need to execute in our motion offense or offensive sets.

Our point guards are trying so hard to please me. They just need to make good decisions and play. They are both so aggressive. If they play passive they are not effective. They are working on when to attack and when to initiate the offense or execute the set. It is an interesting learning experience for each and I am watching them both develop on a daily basis. Regardless, we need both point guards to make plays for us on both ends of the floor. They are talented!

The Villanova game is a homecoming for Brian Connelly. He says he will have over 100 friends and relatives in attendance. Anthony Raffa claims all of Wildwood will be at the game as well. At least we know some Albany fans will be in the building!

The next week is a difficult one for us. We play Friday night and fly out to Chicago on Saturday morning. We will be in Chicago on Saturday and Sunday. We practice at DePaul on Saturday and at Illinois Chicago on Sunday. I am taking the team to the Bulls/Pacers game on Saturday evening. That should be a lot of fun. Brian Lillis will be spending the weekend with the team. I am also looking forward to seeing Brian and Brent's parents on Sunday and Monday. They will be in Chicago for the game. We play DePaul Monday night and will fly back to Albany Tuesday morning. I don't want our players to miss classes on Tuesday so when we land they will go right to class. We will practice Tuesday afternoon and then leave for Bryant. We play at Bryant Wednesday evening and will head home after the game. It will be a long week.

The DePaul game is a homecoming for Jimmie Covington. His mom has given us some good tips in regard to restaurants. Jimmie keeps it simple. He will eat anything! I know Jimmie is excited to get home. Jake Lindfors is from Illinois so he will have family and friends at DePaul as well.

Our schedule is very challenging. I look at the non conference schedule as an experiment. I want to face tough teams in hostile environments. I want the non conference schedule to prepare us for the rigors of conference play. Hopefully the non conference schedule will help us get ready to compete for an America East Conference Championship!

We signed three talented student-athletes in our 2009 recruiting class. All three are quality people who have enjoyed success in the class room and on the court. All three will add quality depth and talent to our program.

Archived