UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Giants camp not in UA for much longer

danefan

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/03...lity_to_op.html

The Giants will move into their new practice complex -- which is currently under construction west of the stadium at the Meadowlands -- by mid-May, Giants co-owner Steve Tisch said this morning as the final steel beam was lifted onto the team's new stadium. The complex includes the team's new offices and training facilities.

Tisch also said that while training camp will be at UAlbany this summer, the location for 2010 is "TBD."

"At some point we're going to be down here, and it's going to be great," he said. "I think the players are going to be excited when training camp comes back down to this part of the state."

I'm not sure how I feel. When I played the Giants camp was more of a hindrance than anything else. They took over our training facilities, meeting rooms and practice fields and just got in the way.

But it does brings thousands of people to campus, which is a good thing.

Its too bad the stadium did not get built before they left. I can't think of any better promotion for the stadium than having the Giants have some sort of a preseason scrimmage or joint-practice in the stadium.

I'm hoping the Administration is pushing the Giants for a nice parting gift towards the stadium project. $5 million is a drop in the bucket for the GMen.

Archived