UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

40 under 40: Kevin Galuski

danefan

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/...17/daily10.html

291441-120-0-1.jpg

Kevin Galuski’s dream job in high school was to become an athletic director.

He is on his way.

Galuski is the director of equipment operations at the state University at Albany. Athletic Director Lee McElroy also has given him added responsibilities—director of operations for the New York Giants' training camp. When the Giants return to UAlbany for training camp this summer, it will be the team’s 14th consecutive year at the school.

Galuski’s career started in 1995 when he was a graduate student at The College of Saint Rose. He worked part-time as equipment manager for the Albany Firebirds, an Arena Football League 2 team.

Galuski says his various jobs have given him a chance to build relationships with owners, coaches and players.

Relationships are important to Galuski.

“Personally, I want to make a difference in the community through my volunteer work with the charities closest to my heart,” he says. “My wife lost both her parents to cancer and my sister has cerebral palsy. If my efforts can help someone in similar situations, my goal has been accomplished.”

Galuski says his career goals line up with his off-work goals.

“Professionally, my goal is to be supportive and guide our student athletes during a time when they are most impressionable. I do my best to help the student athletes professionally, academically and personally. I also try to encourage our athletes to get involved in the community by volunteering and participating in fund-raising events, helping them understand the positive impact they can have.”

It lines up with his philosophy about life, too.

“Treat people the way you want to be treated.”

Archived